SCALE JAIL!!!

lstivers
on 6/28/04 8:52 am - Bogart, GA
I've just read the post from Debbie titled "TOO SLOW". I too feel that the weight is being stubborn, although no one else I talk to thinks it is. I have lost 24 pounds since June 9th, that's 18 days. I mean really. . .did we ever think we would be saying "24 pounds in 18 days is not fast enough!!!" I have three questions. First, how many of you with unbelieveably slow metabolisms before surgery felt like your weight came off slower because of this problem? Second, I need to get a new scale. I want a digital one like in the doctor's office but those are a couple of hundred $$. I want a good one that is actually accurate. Any suggestions anyone? Third, how do you not become a slave to the bathroom scale? I find myself in there three times a day (like I'm gonna get lighter as the day wears on!!) I am an educated and intelligent woman. You would think that I could control that urge to stand on the scale and have my hopes dashed. This is masachistic! I made a deal with myself that I would only check my weight once a week. How long did it take you guys to get over weighing yourself all the time? Thanks for your help. -Paige
nonamedamet
on 6/28/04 10:14 am - GA
Paige, I am still pre op but I wanted to say WOW 24 pounds in 18 days that is AWESOME. Even if it felt like we put on that much overnight I feel strongly that you have lost it faster than you put it on! Hugs and prayers, Theresa
Rick V.
on 6/28/04 11:36 am - Gainesville, GA
Paige--I'm a little over a year out and have lost about 160. Dr. Proctor did my surgery as well. The easiest thing to do is become obsesses with the number of pounds you lose. I was at first, but you'll find that so much of life is changing for you in such a hurry. You'll find that you are able to be far more active, and soon you'll forget about weighing every day. Look forward to your new life, not down at the scale on the floor. I weigh about once a month. Remember, obsessive behavior got us in the fix we were in--start living life and don't trade a food obsession for a scale obsession.
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/04 12:54 pm - Warner Robins, GA
SOunds like you're doing great!! Personally, I'm looking forward to scale jail.LOL
lstivers
on 6/28/04 1:00 pm - Bogart, GA
Won't be long for you now, Tonya!! Thanks for the encouragement! -Paige
NAT
on 6/28/04 12:55 pm - Atlanta, GA
JENNY CRAIG SELLS A WONDERFUL SCALE FOR $60-$70
lstivers
on 6/28/04 1:03 pm - Bogart, GA
Hey Nat!! Where have you been hiding yourself? Is everything going well for you? How's your recovery going? I hope that you're well. I'll check into the Jenny Craig scale. -Paige
lstivers
on 6/28/04 12:58 pm - Bogart, GA
Thanks Theresa and Rick!! I think you're both right. Funny how perspectives can get pretty skewed. -Paige
mikkozoe
on 6/28/04 11:03 pm - Conyers, GA
Pagie Fist off you are doing great i think in my first two weeks i had only like like 19 pounds so just think your going faster than i did right there !!!!! Second the only way i am not a slave to the scale is that i do not have one in my house !!! I have to go to my moms or the docs to get a reading .....so that works i just go by how my cloths feel and that is my reward !!!!!! BEst of luck i am almost three months out and i think i am 40 pounds down ( i say think cause i dont own a scale but i have gottin on moms) but i will know for sure next thursday when i got for my three month chekc up Laura
bettinar
on 6/29/04 2:08 am - baltimore, md
First-WOW!!! What an amazing weight loss. Congratualtions. As for the scale jail, I know what you mean. When I first bought my scale I was weighing myself a couple of times a day. I recommend never weighing yourself after you have drank 35 oz of water. Now, I only weight myself in the morning and I try to do it 3 times a week. I purchased a Weigh****chers scale and I really like it. It runs about $49, but I waited until I had a Linens & Things coupon and then I was able to purchase it for $39. It is digital and it measures in .1 increments so you can see when you lose little amounts. Good luck and keep up the amazing work.
Most Active