TOO SLOW?

Debbie K.
on 6/26/04 2:04 pm - Beech Island, SC
I'm 27 days post op & have only lost 18 lbs. After reading other's posts I DO feel like I'm losing too slow or not doing something right. Go back to Doc on 7/7 & I guess he'll let me know. Reckon I actually HAD surgery? it went so well, I now have doubts, maybe they just made incisions to make me think they did it, a "mind" thing. Sorta LOL.
ljks1950
on 6/27/04 2:37 am - Fayetteville, GA
Are you able to eat an abnormal amount of food? I had the same feelings because I had no pain but the incision stabs (laproscopic). I have lost the weight so I guess they did do it. I don't get sick from eating, just pressure. I have heard that if you have diabetes it sometimes makes it harder to initially lose.
tisfemin
on 6/27/04 3:26 am - Gadsden, AL
Hi Debbie, I believe you are losing at about the same rate I am. I'll be 5 weeks out on Tuesday and have finally hit 20lbs lost today. I've not really let it bother me yet. I've had a few times where I get mad and think, "what more could I possibly do?" Nothing, there is nothing more that I can do EXCEPT increase my exercise. I promise myself to do that this week. But, think about it this way. The slower we lose the less loose skin we'll have to deal with. Plus, it sounds like you are feeling as great as I am. I haven't had any pain or complications at all. Good luck and keep looking at the bright side, we are losing now. Christie
Karel J.
on 6/27/04 4:36 am - GA
You didn't post your starting weight. But if you're considered a light weight, as I somewhat was, then I believe the weight will come off slower. If you feel you're losing too slowly, try sticking to clear liquids. Your doctor will advise you further. Good luck! Karel
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/04 9:49 am - Warner Robins, GA
Debbie, 18 lbs sounds good to me!! Don't beat yourself up about it. If you are really concerned review your daily eating and drinking habits and discuss it with your Dr. But honestly I think you are doing fine! I think it is hard not to compare to others but don't get into that habit. Love ya gal! Tonya i tried to call you back but your cell phone was off
cheche00
on 6/27/04 11:58 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
I know how you feel I felt the same way myself. You did have the surgery so don't try to eat like before! The weight will come off don't worry drink a lot of water as much as you can and walk at least 3 times a week. Your excited right now and it seems to be taking a long time but one day you will get on a scall and 5 more pounds will have come off! Stay focus.
Pat Bell
on 6/28/04 1:43 am - Southeast, GA
Unfortunately, we don't all lose fast. Like you, I was a bit disappointed when I reached the end of my 4th week and had only lost 23 lbs. I started my journey at 4l0 and weighed 352 on surgery day so I was convinced I'd be a fast loser. I am 5 months out with a pre-op loss of 58 lbs and post-op loss of 78 lbs which seems to fall in the average group. The good news is I feel wonderful, work out 5 days a week in the gym and do activities I could only dream about a few months ago. I've just had to be a bit more patient than others. At the stage you are now there really isn't much you can do to sabotage your weight loss so we have to assume you are just going to be an average loser too. The sooner you accept that the happier you will be. Try to live one day at a time and not let the scales rule your life. I found weighing once a week worked better for me and sometimes I think I need to change it to monthly. Our journey may take a bit longer but we will get there. Best of luck to you!
Most Active