4weeks -60lbs! YES!

Amy Williams
on 6/25/04 10:04 am
Yesterday I went down to my mother in laws. She has a postal scale. I didn't really think I'd lost anymore weight, but I weighed anyways. I'm now 4 weeks out and I've lost 60 pounds. I wanted to cry because to see 510 pounds on the scale just seems so unbelieveable. When I went in for my first consult appointment on Feb 16th, I weighed in at 615 pounds. Just can't believe I've lost 105 pounds since Feb. I'm thankful everday I was given this chance to live again. Those people that where wanting to see the MTV special MTV's True Life "I'm Obese" is going to air July 1st @ 10pm EST. There is also another member from OH that will be on the show (Corey from TX) I hope you all get to see it. It will be showing my surgery Thanks for all the support here Amy 615/570/510/Healthy (-105lbs since Feb!)
Karel J.
on 6/25/04 10:29 am - GA
Amy, I'm so thrilled for you! You're going to be one hot chick when all the weight comes off! How did you get chosen to be on MTV? It's a channel forbidden in my home but just for you, I'll try to watch it. Keep smiling...you deserve the happiness! Karel
Amy Williams
on 6/25/04 10:55 am
Hi Karel, I was asked to do an article for OH's Magazine and when I was talking with one of the editors Ronda she told me about the show and that they where looking for 3 people. She gave me the producers number and I thought about it. I ended up calling them and it went from there. Amy
nonamedamet
on 6/25/04 12:43 pm - GA
Amy I am so happy for you that is awesome. You have a lot to be proud of. I watched the commerical for the MTV show last night and it is on my calendar for next week. God Bless, Theresa
kiwani
on 6/25/04 1:06 pm - columbus, ga
Amy i am so thrilled for you, you have done an awesome job... i cant wait to see the special.....
NAT
on 6/25/04 1:47 pm - Atlanta, GA
Oh Man Amy what can I say, can you believe it or what. When else would we loose 105 in 4 weeks. I am so so so excited. I look at your pic and your a pretty woman can you imagine what it will be like under 200 lbs. I imagine it everyday. I can't wait to hit a flight of stairs and not be out of breath. Or go outside and not sweat like a hog. I visit friends and I am the only with a sweaty face. I tell you I had a rough time but now I know I wouldn't want to change it. I can only imagine how you must feel. Your a century clubber already. WOWWOWWOWWOW NAT
cbouland
on 6/25/04 11:38 pm - Conyers, GA
Amy!!! You make me want to cry tears of joy for you!!!! How awsome!!! Now that I have a date I am getting scared... Am I doing the right thing??? Yes I am.... because of you and my other OH friends I see the inspriations here that is the best support system someone could have! I will be watching MTV! so I hope you smiled!!! Good luck and keep it up... 150lbs will be gone before you know it!!! Hugs! Connie
Amy Williams
on 6/26/04 6:45 am
Hi Connie! We certainly all question before surgery if we are doing the right thing. For me the only thing that got me thru was my faith in God and knowing that he had a plan for me and that my life was not fulfilled yet. I truly felt that way. I also felt very confident in my choice of surgeons. That's what made me know that I was doing the best thing for me. Thanks so much for your support and encouragement! Amy
cindy G.
on 6/26/04 7:22 am - Woodstock, GA
I am new to this site and hope you don't mind me joining this conversation. I always think I can handle things on my own but I am not sure that is the case with this bypass surgery. I have my date....it is only a week away (July 7) and I am suddenly scared to death. I thought I had researched everything possible and was looking forward to getting thin and being able to enjoy my first grandchild who will be here in January. Then my daughter-in-law called concerned because her partner's best friend in Macon died of complications last week...I think while she was still in the hospital. I think I have chosen a good surgeon with lots of practice,Dr. Christopher Hart, and am going to Emory Dunwoody Medical Center for the surgery because it has a bariatrics floor. Can anyone give me guidance-pro or con?
Amy Williams
on 6/28/04 5:59 pm
Cindy, I know a lot of people that had had Dr. Hart. He really is a great doctor. This surgery has risk and I'm sure your surgeon has told you about them. Honestly the only thing that got me thru this surgery was my faith in God and my faith that I knew I had chosen the right surgeon. Emory is a very good hospital too. I feel you will be in good hands. I will have you in my prayers. Try to watch my show on MTV Thursday @ 10pm EST. Maybe that will calm you down some about surgery. I will admit the first day was rough and they got that on film, but it was so worth it. Amy
Most Active