I Got my Approval!

cindydrake
on 6/25/04 3:17 am - Cartersville, GA
I have had my date since May and it is for August 2. But I just received my approval letter 2 days ago. The actually approved it on the 16 th. I'm so excited!! Is anyone out there using Dr. Ryland Scott in Rome? Cindy
ShonF.
on 6/25/04 3:40 am - Peachy State, GA
Congrats Cindy, Good luck with surgery. Shondra
nonamedamet
on 6/25/04 5:41 am - GA
Congratulatuins Cindy that is wonderful. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
Kelle W
on 6/25/04 6:11 am - Atlanta, GA
Yeah Cindy! That's wonderful. I'm so happy for you...are you excited now? Kelle
Carrie R.
on 6/25/04 12:40 pm - Gainesville, GA
Cindy, Congratulations, That's FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Won't be much longer!!! Best wishes, Carrie
kelly N.
on 6/27/04 1:36 pm - summerville, GA
Congrats!!!! I too see Dr. Scott- I have also had a date since May. Mine is for July 27th- but Ginger called me a week ago & said my tsh(thyroid) level was to high & Dr. Scott wanted me to see my Dr. I did that on Friday & he done some labs & raised my synthroid up...so... It is just wait & see. Ginger said my ins. wouldn't approve until my levels were down & that my date would probably have to be changed... I was very disappointed !!! I took the summer quarter off from college to have this done .Now it doesn't look to good for me... Keep me in your thoughts & Prayers !!! Kelly Noles,Summerville,ga
cindydrake
on 6/28/04 1:21 am - Cartersville, GA
Kelly, Sorry to here your bad news. I will keep you in my thought and prayers.I hupe everything works out for the best. When did you have orientation and the nutrition class? We may have met and not know it. Keep your chin up! Cindy Drake, Cartersville,ga
kelly N.
on 6/29/04 12:34 pm - summerville, GA
Hey cindy- I went to orientation 17th of april & had my nutrition class I think it was the end of april or somewhere close to there. I done my psyc on may 3rd-with Harbin behavioral sciences & I got to see Dr. Scott May 14th. I got my surgery date then. I was so excited & now I am so depressed !! My Dr.s office called today with more bad news. The labs he done on Friday showed that my tsh level is double what it was on Dr. Scotts labs. He tripled my synthroid on Fri. I am so-o-o-o depressed about that. i don't understand what is going on.. or how it could have doubled. I have been taking my meds religiously--- Just keep me in your prayers. I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason...So-o-o- we will just wait & see. How long does it take to get an approval from ins. I have the plan that covers this type of surgery??? Take care & good luck to you- Kelly Noles
cindydrake
on 6/30/04 11:16 am - Cartersville, GA
Kelly, I went to orientation April 14 and to the Nutrition class April 13 and I didn't see Dr. Scott until May13 and thats when I got my date. I got bumped to August because I had to have a EDG and sleep test. Which I had them both done with in 2 weeks time. I had my last sleep test this past monday night where I slept with a CPAP machine. I pick my machine up tomorrow. If i'm not mistaken it only took my ins. 1 week to give the approval. But it was the next week before I got it in the mail and Ginger didn't get it until today. I so hope things work out for you. My prayers are with you. The way I was looking at mine is if it is meant to be then it will happen without problems. Try to keep your chin up and maybe this is just a minor set back and you can get your thyroid back where it is supposed to be. Take care and good luck to you too. Cindy Drake
cindydrake
on 7/12/04 1:38 am - Cartersville, GA
Kelly, I was wondering how you are doing? I haven't heard from you in a while. I hope things are going better with the thyroid and hope things are still on schedule for surgery. Keep me updated ok. Cindy
Most Active