Psychological Eval help

Jimmys S.
on 6/21/04 4:34 am - Warner Robins, GA
My insurance bsbc of ga hmo does not require a referral for the psych eval. I was wondering if anyone can point me to a psychologist that is knowledgeable in WLS so I can get my evaluation done! If anyone knows of one please let me know. I want to get this ball moving a bit faster on my end anyway. Thanks in advance. Sunshine Kim
virgohoney
on 6/21/04 4:43 am - Covington, GA
Hi angel!! I used Dr. Santavicca. I only had to pay my co-pay. He was on the forms that Dr. Duncan passed out at the seminar. Several bariatric surgeons use him because he writes up his letters very well. Good Luck!! Chandra
Jimmys S.
on 6/21/04 5:36 am - Warner Robins, GA
hi there Angel! I didnt even see that name.....now bcbs is saying i need a referral....wish that doc would get his head out of the cracks in the wall. So now I am waiting on them again....Grrrrrr!!! I know someone who must be getting really excited right about now! 2 wake ups and then a big loser! Gonna try and call you! If I slow down enough here.! Sneaking in my messageboard checks hehehehe Talk to you soon! Sunshine Kim
nonamedamet
on 6/21/04 4:45 am - GA
I used Dr. Alan Williams, Mercer Health Systems, 655 1st St, 478-301-5930.
Denise M.
on 6/21/04 5:18 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Kim, I used Dr. Steven Ritz. I though he was great. He gave me an hour session followed by a written 650 question test. He heads our support groups at Northside Hospital in Tucker.... I think he is compasionate and caring- Denise
Sherry_Berry
on 6/21/04 8:26 am - Dacula, GA
Ditto on Dr. Ritz...but it's northlake-not northside
Denise M.
on 6/21/04 8:47 am - Stone Mountain, GA
YIKES!!!! Did I say NORTHSIDE????? Too much on the Brain!!!! NORTHLAKE!!!! Denise
Shamim
on 6/21/04 9:26 am - GA
I used Dr. Grummet. He is on BCBS and was pretty painless. One office visit and I spent most of the time completing the written assessments. That was followed by a short meeting with the doctor. He seemed very knowledgable about surgery and was straight forward.
LittleLifsey
on 6/21/04 10:19 am - Jacksonville, FL
Kim, Hey! I live in Centerville and am in the same boat with all the appointments. Thanks for posting about the psych Eval listing. AND thanks all that took the time to post replies. You help all of us when you answer. Did you have to go for a Sleep Apnea eval? Dr. Hixon has requested that I have one? I have an appointment tomorrow with Dr. Peppard. Anxious and excited to get all the prelims done so that I can be a BIG LOSER!!! Cheers
Patima
on 6/21/04 12:26 pm - GA
I went to Dr. Ritz, too! He is booked about a month ahead, but worth the wait. Patti
Most Active