May *Re-birthdate* update requests

DeeDee_Cole
on 6/20/04 1:17 am
Okay - for all of you who had their surgery in May....I'd like to request a quick update on how things are going for you. I know there are a few of you out there...come on - speak up!!!!! We're all here behind you!!! Thanks Diana (Dee Dee)
lisasolis
on 6/20/04 9:32 am - Rincon, GA
Hi there. I had my wls May 13th and am down 39lbs. I feel well and am still on a liquid/soft diet, a lot of foods I have tried do not agree with me but I am getting very used to this, I am able to wear clothes I haven't worn in years. Also, on the same day as my surgery, my 21 year old son Andrew had his wls. He has lost 46 lbs. in a little over 5 weeks, he gets a little more depressed because he misses food period. I think this is because he is so much younger than I am and he is finding out he cannot eat the things he used to. He is very happy with his weight loss but he needs a little tlc sometimes. I am being very creative with the items I can feed him, and he is getting used to the diet.
DeeDee_Cole
on 6/20/04 8:34 pm
It's wonderful how great you and your son are doing! I still have some difficulties with the foods....but when i go back for my next visit my Dr. has said he'd be changing my diet that I'd be on for the duration of the weightloss....(Yeah - solid foods again!) Keep up the good work!!!! Diana
vstyler111
on 6/20/04 1:35 pm - Newnan, GA
Hi Diana, I was in the hospital with you and checked on you while I was there. I am doing good. I have lost 27 pounds now and am advancing my diet slowly. I am able to eat grilled shrimp, eggs, grilled chicken (dark meat agrees with me the best), small amounts of hard cheese and strawberries. Of course all quantities are small at about 1/4-1/3 cup. I do get the blues for foods I can't have anymore but it usually passes quickly. I'm sure those foods will be a distant memory in the future. I get about 50 ozs. of water in a day and can tell when I don't. I am glad to see you are doing so much better now than you were when I saw you in the hospital. My pastor came by to see me in the hospital and he mentioned you in prayer with me...Keep up the great work! Vince
DeeDee_Cole
on 6/20/04 8:37 pm
Hello Vince, My hospital stay wasn't the most pleasant - but since being home I've done well. That's not to say I haven't had my moments....but I do get up and walk daily and I think I've done pretty well with the weight loss. I haven't weighed in almost 2 weeks...and that was at my last Dr's visit. I was down 35 lbs. Thank you so much for checking on me in the hospital. I can honestly say it was a blessing to have so many of the OH family there!!!! Keep up the good work!!! Diana
pilotswife
on 6/20/04 3:01 pm - Mcdonough, GA
I've lost 27 pounds. Still can't see it in my clothes. Wearing the same size I was when I had surgery. Pretty bummed about that!! I still vomit at least once a day, and sometimes more. I can't keep my vitamins down, so I'm tired all the time. I sleep from the moment I get home until it's time to get ready for work again. So...to say the least, I'm not getting my daliy required protein or water, or any exercise. Sorry to be such a downer. Kerry
DeeDee_Cole
on 6/20/04 8:42 pm
((((Kerry))))) I'm so sorry you're having problems. I wish there was something I could do to help you. You were such a God send in the Hospital to me. Have you talked to Dr. B's office about how you're feeling and your concerns with the not getting your vitamins? I certainly hope they can help. I'm here for you if you need to talk. E-mail me and I'll give you my phone number. Please keep me posted of your progress...and you'll be in my prayers to get your strength back! Diana
Deborah M.
on 6/22/04 12:06 pm - Alpharetta, GA
Hi all I had my surgery May 11. I am down 32, wi**** was more, I have suffered more than 32 worth!!!! Dr. says I am doing good, not losing too fast or too slow, so I guess I will have to be satisfied with that. I will have my 6 weeks blood work done tomorrow, so I will find out how healthy I really am. I feel more human everyday now, and only barf half the time instead of all the time. Deborah
Most Active