Dr Duncan Patients

Jimmys S.
on 6/19/04 10:07 am - Warner Robins, GA
I was told when I went to the consultation that I would only be in the hospital a day. Surgery one day, leak test the next and if all is well home after leak test. Is that generally what they do at Peachtree Bariatrics. Makes me nervous but glad to cuz I truly hate hospitals! Thanks in advance. Sunshine Kim
DebbieJ
on 6/19/04 10:30 am - Atlanta area, GA
Yes, that is the plan. I had my surgery in January 02 and the "plan" for me was.......surgery on Monday the 14th, leak test and home on the 15th. I had a leak, so I did not go home on the 15th, instead I had another surgery and stayed in the hospital until Friday the 18th. Back in the hospital on the 29th of January.......didn't see my home again until April 12th. I'm not a medical person, but I do wish a couple more days were allowed in the hospital. I think less than 24 hours is pushing it. Debbie
Jimmys S.
on 6/19/04 10:54 am - Warner Robins, GA
Yea it is a bit fast. I dont like hospitals but as I stated earlier, makes me nervous about going home that quick. Thanks for your help. Sorry you had a leak. Pray I dont Sunshine Kim
DebbieJ
on 6/19/04 11:03 am - Atlanta area, GA
Kim you have my prayers that you don't have a leak! That was a very scary time for me and my family..........mostly my family, during my 45 day ICU stay (because of complications from the leak) I was sedated, but my husband and children were not. I did not know the horrors that were going on, but they did. Best Wishes to you Debbie
kiwani
on 6/19/04 11:02 am - columbus, ga
Yeah kim , that is what i have heard happens, i just hope it is that easy.......
Becky F
on 6/19/04 12:04 pm - Woodstock, GA
Hi, Kim! My surgery was on a Monday (June 7th), and I was at home by 12:00 the next day. Someone did call and check on me later in the week from Dr. Duncan's office, and I was encouraged to call if I had ANY questions. I have had no complications so far. Blessings to you! Becky
Haziefrog
on 6/19/04 10:27 pm - AR
First of all I need to say that Dr. Duncan was not my surgeon, but I do have a concern about going home that fast. I do not want to scare you, but this is kind of scary to me because if I had gone home that quick with my complications (I was bleeding internally) then I would be dead. I did not start bleeding until the next day and all I felt was weak and sleepy (and then passed out when the nurses tried to get me out of bed), had I been at home my husband would not have been taking my vitals to see that I was bleeding to death. I ended up needing a second surgery and 6 units of blood. So I thank God for my hospital stay. Talk to your surgeon and see if he would let you stay an extra day, it can't hurt to ask. Hazel
Michelle J.
on 6/20/04 12:27 am - Savannah, GA
Yes I had surgery on March 29th 2004 and home the next day on th 30th. I live in savannah so I stayed one moe night in Atlanta. But if you have a leak of course you will have to stay longer. I have had no complications, and I'm down 55lbs. No regrets the hospital staff was great and so was dr. duncans staff.
Becky F
on 6/20/04 3:32 am - Woodstock, GA
According to my favorite nurse, if you are weak enough to need help getting out of bed, you will NOT be going home. In fact, that was an incentive for me to walk more often. Within two hours after surgery, the nurse helped me up and walked with me the first time. After that, I was on my own and was encouraged to walk repeatedly. When I had my gall bladder removed (LAP), it was out-patient! I really think this operation may end up being that way too. For me, the healing process was almost identical to this one. Would I have preferred to stay another day? Probably, but for me, it was not necessary. Shot!!! Unfortunately, it's all about the money! Hazel, are you doing better? If you are the Hazel on the Wings Around Atlanta ring, I have been praying for you! I LOVE to read your posts! Becky
ljks1950
on 6/21/04 10:38 pm - Fayetteville, GA
I had the surgery at about 130p on June 8th. I was up and walking the same afternoon. I woke up about 230a and took another walk. I went to x-ray around 730a for leak test. At 1115a I was discharged. I couldn't believe I was out of there so quick. So far I haven't had any complications and have loss about 18 pounds in two weeks. I go for my 2 week check-up today, 130p. It doesn't feel like I had surgery but I saw the blood on the holes in my stomach and the gauze that was taken from the navel. So I guess I had the surgery and if I didn't, then my mind is certainly helping me to loose weight. Dr Norman from Dr Duncan's office did the surgery. Smooth operator (literally). I must say he has certainly been trained well!!!
Most Active