Soo Sad - Not!

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/04 11:04 am - Richmond Hill, GA
I lost my job today. I had been working there for 18 months and when a new manager took over, a lot of people were gradually let go. Today it was my turn. They may think I am sad about it but the joke is really on them - I was able to fight their insurance and get my wls 5 weeks ago so the bill will have to be paid!!! I do not know if I can find another job with benefits etc. or if the benefits would even cover wls - I am so thankful I will not have that problem.
Harriett H.
on 6/18/04 11:09 am - Alpharetta, GA
That good for you. Hopeful your next job will have benefits for you hang in there Harriett
Katrina B.
on 6/18/04 11:53 am - Augusta, GA
Hey Andrew How are you? I may be out of a job also. I told my supervisor in march that i was going out for surgery and will be out for 4-6 weeks. she has all my pre-op appointments on her desk and i figured she would handle everything for me. My sup called me 4 days after i got out of surgery and asked did i speak to HR before i left and i informed her no that i just let her know. When i called HR i was told that since i havent been with the company for a yr that i dont qualify for FMLA and that she cant guarantee that i will have a job when i come back. The way i look at it im glad i had the chance to get this surgery that they paid for and also that im still getting paid now while im recovering. katrina
nonamedamet
on 6/18/04 1:07 pm - GA
God was looking out for you Andrew. At least you will feel better when you start looking for another job. I am sorry you have to go through that but you got a heck of a "severance" (sp?) package. May you be blessed with whatever you need, Theresa
Most Active