Drain Drain Go Away!

lstivers
on 6/18/04 5:28 am - Bogart, GA
Hello everyone - I've just about had it with this drain!! How long did you guys have yours? What is it connected to and draining anyway? I should have had it out already (surgery was 6/9), but all the surgeons have been in CA for the Bariatrics Conferance. I have to wait until next Tuesday. Anyone else have theirs for two weeks? Anyone else have trouble with it slipping out a little and causing the stitch to pull your skin? I'm a pretty good seamstress, and I have a pair scissors ready snip that stitch and pull the blasted thing out myself!!! Otherwise, I can't believe how good I feel. My little pouch is finally starting to settle down and not be so chatty (rumbley). I have noticed my energy level is less the last couple of days, but everyone I talk to says that is normal for this time period. Hope all is well with everyone out there. -Paige
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/04 5:46 am - Warner Robins, GA
Pagie, From what I've read about 9-10 days is normal for the drain. So just a few extra days for you. Hang in there. Also the drain is connected to the old stomache to drain off extra fluid isn't it?? Let me know when you find out for certain.LOL Otherwise it sounds like you are doing wonderfully! Hang in there and make sure you rest when you need to and get that protein in Tonya
lstivers
on 6/18/04 5:50 am - Bogart, GA
Yes, the old stomache is what I thought it was too. But really. . . I mean what could be the harm of taking matters into my own hands and doing a little drain removal (lol)! Thanks for the support, Tonya, you are such a SWEETIE! -Paige
SHAWNNA
on 6/18/04 7:45 am - GA
It is called a Jackson-Pratt drain. It keeps blood from pooling and/or clotting around your wound site. Different surgeries have them for different times. Is it still draining anything? Please dont pull it yourself as you may pass out, it is very uncomfortable/pressure pain, and you dont want to tear anything lose from the inside that may have healed around it. Hope this was helpful. Be Blessed, Shawnna
SHAWNNA
on 6/18/04 8:32 am - GA
Nooooo...please dont take it out yourself. If it is causing you actual pain or discomfort, go to an emergency room. But, I beg of you, dont pull!! Shawnna
Most Active