let me tell you what happened to me today

dankymay7
on 6/17/04 12:47 pm - locust grove, ga
This is just a warning for any of you going to Atlanta medical center and having a ekg or eco. I had been there eairler this week on monday all day having test done, being stuck 4 times before getting blood, with a vein colap. and leaving a huge bruise! Just after that was done the nurse comes around the corner and says...."we didn't need to get your blood" : ( Then today......I have my pul. function test that went well. the needle in the wrist kind of hurt. but then I go down to the ekg and eco lab. which where my prob comes in all there is, is a rinkiny dinky room to wait for them to get to you, a note on the door stateing if you are haveing either or these things to dial this X number to the one you are having and leave a message if they do not answer. SO, seeing as I am having both of these things done I called the number on top.....and leave a message....so I wait....and wait to I calll again....This time I will try the other number....this lady answers and says your late!!! the doc left! I was like OMG>> did yall not want me to do what was posted? Then she said yes "you left a message?" UH, YEA..... so, she tried calling the doc (who was still in the hosp) and he would not come back. SOOOOO...now I have to go back another day....(frustrating) and I hope this does not prolong my date. So be aware if you have to do the same as me to hunt someone down...obviously they do not check the messages. I don't mean to sound so ill but, it just seams sometimes that we have to figure all of this out on our own... with schudleing and finding out where to go..etc.and it seams the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing there....anyway there is my vent.!
Kelle W
on 6/17/04 12:53 pm - Atlanta, GA
Stacie, girl, all I can say is they should be so glad it was someone nice like you, and not a nightmare ***** like me. I would have torn that nurse a new one till she got that doctor back to that lab asap. I know it doesn't pay to be ill with people, but like you said, it's their job to know what's going on, not yours. You followed instructions. I'm burning up mad for you! If this delays your date, let me know....we'll go egg the doctor's car Kelle
hollyhobby
on 6/19/04 11:08 pm - Jonesboro, GA
Kelle, You sound as rotten as I. I had my kids with me one day and this person cut me off and stole my parking spot. I nonchallantly walked by and keyed their car, now the kids want to do it to nondriving fools! I guess it happens.
KELLY B.
on 6/17/04 1:31 pm - LOCUST GROVE, GA
OK Stacie Im with the other kelle. this is completely unacceptable behavior for them and if nothing else should be reported to head official. did they reschedule for you or are they nmaking you wait. if they didnt you need to get on the phone im the am also amd get docs office to pull some strings to get you back in there asap. do not accept this delaying your surgery find out just how much time has to be between this test and surgery and if you have to step on a few toes well then so be it. let me know, kelly
Most Active