Medicare and medicaid???

Trauma Queen
on 6/16/04 5:22 am - Jacksonville, FL
Can somone help me? I am looking for another surgeon and one tht takes medicare and caid. I am frustrated after 3 years of being a pateint of dr. Duncans, I have been turned down 2 times for surgery. Can anyone please please advise me on any doctors that take medicare and medicaid?? Im running out of time. I will die unless I have this surgery. Donna
KerriGLPN
on 6/16/04 5:31 am - 'Tifton, GA
Donna, hello! Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble. You can research on this website for another surgeon closer to you but I wanted to let you know that Dr. Henderson in Brunswick, Ga takes it! I know that s a good drive from you but just wanted to let you know! Kerri
Trauma Queen
on 6/17/04 4:42 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Thank you Kerri I will check with him. I am actually moving to St. Marys ga in december which a bit closer to brunswick than I am now. I am hoping like heck I can have the surgery before then. Thanks for the info Donna Pre op
J H.
on 6/16/04 8:21 am - Marietta, GA
Dr. Scarborogh, Smyrna, Emory Adventist Hospital takes Medicaid, not sure about Medicare. The phone number is 770-801-5298. Go to Insurers on this site and you will find others that accept medicaid in the Atlanta area.
Trauma Queen
on 6/17/04 4:43 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Thank you soooooooo much. I will also put Dr. Scarbourough on my list to call. It would be not so far for me. Donna
LittleLifsey
on 6/16/04 8:24 am - Jacksonville, FL
Donna, I was referred to Dr. Hixon also in Atlanta. He takes medicaid. You are aware that medicaid will only pay for open RNY nothing done lap. That is the boat that I am in. Dr. Duncan's office referred me to him. Good Luck. I am in the same boat. lynn
Trauma Queen
on 6/17/04 4:45 pm - Jacksonville, FL
hmmmm..i had no idea that medicaid wouldnt pay for anything lap. That is crazy because Lap people heal alot better. I think I called Dr. Hixons office and they said you must be under 350 to have surgery because of the weight limit on the tables. I am at 400 I will try again tho, thanks Lynn. Donna
Trauma Queen
on 6/21/04 7:04 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Lynn, I called duncans office and I am ok to still have the surgery LAP. Since my insurance is primary Medicare and secondary is medicaid. Just thought I would let you know this. Donna
KymMomOf5
on 6/17/04 12:31 pm - eatonton, GA
I do not know about medicare but I do know the best doctor in Atlanta takes medicaid. His name is Dr. Bruce Case. He did my surgery and medicaid covered everything. He is wonderful. He really cares about his patients. He has good bed side manner and surgical skill! If you'd like, email me. I'll be happy to tell you everything I can! Good Luck! Kym -68
Trauma Queen
on 6/17/04 4:48 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Kym We breifly talked on the phone a while back. I have tried to get Dr. Case's number and when I did I got his office manager who was in the car taking her kids to some sort of appointment. I thought it was kinda strange. It just really put me off. Has the office gotten more professional? I guess that it just seemed awful strange to me. Can you send me Dr. Cases phone number again? I would greatly apprciate it. I emailed somone twice who had Case, and they never emailed me back. :/ my email is [email protected] thanks again Kym. Donna
Most Active