Proving previous weight loss attempts

Sonya J.
on 6/15/04 2:17 pm - Southeast, GA
I will begin the journey of getting approval from my ins company for WLS in July. What can I start doing now to spend up to process? I'm not concerned about anything but documenting previous weight loss attempts. I mean, I've tried everything from Weigh****chers to Phen Phen. However, it's been over a course of numerous years and various physicians. How do you all suggest I document previous weight loss attempts and prove it to the ins company?
Blackbutterfly
on 6/15/04 9:03 pm - duluth, GA
Hi, Sonya. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield ppo of Georgia. I was approved in two days. I just made up alittle sheet that stated: year/month,type of diet, the amount of weight loss, and the amount I regained.That was all that they required. I did not have to prove this diets. Also, my medical doctor sent in a letter. Good luck on your journey. Serita
nonamedamet
on 6/15/04 11:47 pm - GA
I did exactly what Serita did. My paperwork should be at BC/BS by the end of the week. Will let post once I have any news on their decision. Hang in there and may you be blessed with whatever you need. Hugs and prayers, Theresa
Most Active