Vitamin Suggestion

Karel J.
on 6/7/04 9:27 am - GA
Hi y'all! I've had a wonderful discovery!!! For my vitamins, I now take One Source Prenatal (yes, you read that right!). They can be found at Wal-Mart...a bottle of 120 (take one in the morning and one at night) costs just under $5 (this is a 2 month supply!!). These are a bit smaller than the Centrum I've been choking on so I'm beyond thrilled. I've had my check up with my doctor today and he said prenatal vitamins are just as good as regular. Now, for the guys, I'm not sure I would suggest this! LOL Do compare One Source for Men to your vitamin and see what you think. You might be better off on what you currently use. So ladies, check out the prenatal stuff!! Karel
(deactivated member)
on 6/7/04 11:54 am - Warner Robins, GA
Great idea Karel! I will check these out!!! Tonya
lisasolis
on 6/7/04 11:59 am - Rincon, GA
I also started using Spring Valley Prenatals from Wal-Mart. A large bottle of 240 was very cheap. I could not stand taking the large bariatric chewables every day they were making me sick. These prenatals are cheaper and smaller (easier to tolerate). Thanks for the info.
Molly C.
on 6/7/04 1:30 pm - GA
Hi Lisa, I have a question. Can you just swollow these prenatal vitamins? I bought some children's chewable, however they are lacking some of the minerals the adult vitamins have in them. For some reason I thought we would have to smash up other vitamins we take. ??? This is new to me, I am only 2 weeks out and everyday I learn something new. Thanks, Molly
Karel J.
on 6/7/04 8:03 pm - GA
Molly, Vitamins can be swallowed but check with your doctor for his approval. I can't remember how long I had to chew vitamins before I could swallow them. You're still in recovery but do check with your doctor. Good luck! Karel
KymMomOf5
on 6/7/04 1:26 pm - eatonton, GA
I saw Dr. Case today and told him I had started these too. I have had excellent results and fast too!! Love 'em. Dr gave them thumbs up! Best vitamins are ones you take faithfully! Kym -61
mikkozoe
on 6/7/04 9:04 pm - Conyers, GA
wow thanks for the info ..I am just about to finish up my childeens vitamins that i got for when i was first out of surgery ...but i know i need something for adults and all and since i can just now start to take things whole that will be great !!! thanks for the info Laura PS my doc told me after a month i could try to take pills whole .......so that might be some type of guidline mabye
DeeDee_Cole
on 6/7/04 11:10 pm
$5...are you kidding me? The bariatric one's I'm taking from my doctor were $25. I'm glad you mentioned this - I'm going to look into the vitamin content and see how well it compares. If its reasonable then I'm switching! Thank you for the information. It's amazing the information we all can share with each other to make this journey the BEST possible!!!! (((((((((((Thanks))))))))))))
Karel J.
on 6/8/04 1:23 am - GA
Ain't this board awesome?!! I just wish there were smaller calcium tablets. The Caltrate is killing me and chewing Tums gets old. WLS is a lifetime deal so we do need to save our bucks when we can. Switching to prenatal is a real budget saver! Happy shopping! Karel
Most Active