A LITTLE CONFUSED ABOUT THE DIFFERENT SURGERIES.. NEED SOME ANSWERS??

natalie S.
on 6/5/04 12:12 am - HARTWELL, GA
I RECENTLY RECEIVED A PACKAGE FROM DR.HIXON'S OFFICE, AND ON THE FRONT OF THE PACKAGE IT HAD GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY(FOBI POUCH) WHAT EXACTLY IF THE FOBI POUCH AND DOES DR. HIXON NOT DO THE RNY WHICH IS WHAT I WANT DONE? COULD THEY BE THE SAME PROCEDURE NEEDING A LITTLE HELP
mikkozoe
on 6/5/04 12:25 am - Conyers, GA
it could be that he does them both but only has one set of paper work ..I would call the office on monday and see .....But i am sure the questions for both procducers are the same ...But i cannt help you on telling you the difference if there is one which i think there is Laura
Kelle W
on 6/5/04 3:10 am - Atlanta, GA
Natalie, there are differences in the surgeries. You can check out different procedures on this website. Also there's a forum for the Fobi pouch. You could get info from those folks. Kelle
virgohoney
on 6/5/04 3:37 am - Covington, GA
My original surgeon does the Fobi Pouch and Open RNY, he said that the procedures are similar except a band is placed around the new "pouch" to help prevent it from stretching out. Therefore, regain of weight is less likely to happen. That's how it was explained to me. It's usually a few thousands dollars more and is not covered by insurance. Most docs will charge your insurance for RNY, but bill you directly for the additional money for the Fobi (around $4000). Although it's seems like a better procedure in the long run, I often hear about the band corroding into the new pouch. As Kelle said, the Fobi forum should be very helpful. They could probaly give you more specific details. Good Luck!! Smooches! Chandra
Most Active