MOMMA ANGEL UPDATE

Sharon Neva
on 6/4/04 4:50 am - SD
I just spoke to her daughter, Rebecca. My heart is heavy to give you all this news. But, Paula condition has taken a turn for the worse. Even though she's had 100% oxygen, she was not improving. She had to make the decision if she wanted to go on the ventilator and initially she didn't. Because it's going to be a permanent thing, she will never be able to get off the ventilator and it probably means long term care at a nursing home. Last night she changed her mind and they were putting the ventilator in when they lost her pulse and had to perform CPR. She was without oxygen for approx 15 minutes and she sustained some brain damage (they're not certain how much). Of course, they say her weight is contributing greatly to her lung and heart condition. Through it all, Paula has continued to be worried about her AMOS members, she asked her daughter if someone had taken over her job of getting posts to people having surgery and I told her that there was. I also have printed off the last MB posts from everyone from the last update (16 pages) and I printed off her surgery pages (just the ones about her illness was 25 pages). Her daughter was very touched by the amount of outpouring of love they have received. She was going to make copies of the posts and give to relatives to read, too. I will print off any replies to this message and include them in the package. Please pray for Paula, Sharon
DeeDee_Cole
on 6/4/04 5:25 am
She's in my prayers. I pray that the LORD will take care of her in her time of need and see to it the best that can happed for her will happen. With all my love, Diana
Harriett H.
on 6/4/04 5:44 am - Alpharetta, GA
She'll be in my prayers. God will put his loving arms about her and take care of her. Has she already had the surgery? Harriett
lisasolis
on 6/4/04 6:36 am - Rincon, GA
I remember reading Momma Angels' profile and I think she said she had not had the surgery. My heart goes out to her and her family. If she had not had the surgery - then she has been working very very selflessly on the message boards helping others in need. She must be a very special one in a million type person and I hope that she makes a turn for the best and does not have to bear any suffering. Blessings and prayers to Momma Angel and her family.
nonamedamet
on 6/5/04 12:24 pm - GA
It is with a heavy heart that I reply to this message. I am very thankful for the update as I have been on the look out for any news. While I have not had the opportunity to communicate with Momma Angel, I saw her postings on the boards and in many of the surgery pages that I have read. It touched my heart to read the unconditional love and support that she gave. Paula, your words and support for so many of us has been a special blessing from above. You indeed are an angel, one that has touched a countless number of people. I pray for you and your family again tonight and will continue to do so. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. Hugs and Prayers, Theresa
Most Active