Read an Amazing Book Last Night

catherine30040
on 6/3/04 11:17 pm - Atlanta, GA
I highly recommend "When Food is Love" by Geneen Roth. I was amazed at how much she said applied to me. I had checked it out from the library, but I ordered my own copy yesterday. I will be highlighting it and referencing it for the rest of my life I imagine.
Kelle W
on 6/4/04 1:13 am - Atlanta, GA
Catherine, Geneen Roth is increible. She has many good books. She has another one called "Feeding the Hungry Heart" that has made such an impression on me! All of her books are great, I would recommend getting all of them if you can! Kelle
catherine30040
on 6/4/04 1:26 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey, Kelle! I did order them all this morning! Thanks!
Dixie P.
on 6/5/04 5:39 am - Atlanta, GA
After reading your post I went to Borders and bought When Food is Love and Feeding the Hungry Heart. I was struggling with issues around my head hunger after surgery (I am 12 days post-op) and feelings of resentment whenever my husband ate anything normal in front of me. I wasn't hungry because I had filled my pouch to full so I knew it was something else. That book has really made an impact on me and I want to thank you for posting it on the boards. I read the entire thing in one day, and I am re-reading it now. The surgery will help me limit the amount of food I eat, but it won't fix the amount of hurt I have hidden with food all my life. Geneen Roth's book will hopefully help me come face to face with some serious issues and move forward. I also intend on meeting with a therapist once a week to help me work it all out, since I can't eat whatever I want when I want it as Roth advises. Thanks again!
catherine30040
on 6/6/04 12:12 am - Atlanta, GA
Aren't her books amazing??!! I can hardly wait for my copies to come in the mail. I'm eager to read and re-read them. They are already helping me (pre-op), and I know they will be helpful post-op and for the rest of my life.
Most Active