Looking for a support group

laadyjaya25.
on 6/2/04 9:00 am - mobile, AL
Hi Guys!!! I am new to the Lithonia,Ga (Dekalb county) area and I am in search for a support group (and new friends). If someone know of any in my area i would greatly appreciate it !! Thanks in advance !!
Sherry_Berry
on 6/2/04 9:25 am - Dacula, GA
My surgeon has open support groups for pre and post ops on the 3rd Wednesday of each month and the last monday of each month...for Drs Appel and Steinberg. We do have a fewthat come from other doctors to our group...it is the only one in the area run by a psychologist, Dr Stephen Ritz. For more info, go to Yahoo Groups...type in appel or steinberg or OWLS and you should be able to easily get hooked into the site. Since it is a yahoo group you do have to register(free). We are a great group of people and hope to see you at a meeting this month! Sherry
Anna Marie D.
on 6/3/04 1:49 am - Suwanee, GA
Most of the surgeons hold a supoort group once a month at the Northside dr's building {about a block north of the hospital}. They are open to anyone interested in or has had surgery and their support people. My dr was Christoper Hart and his meeting is the first Wednesday of the month. Last night was a good meeting and the guest speaker was Dr. Lawrence, a plastic surgeon. You can go on yahoo and go under health groups and look for a group called WINGS around Atlanta. There is a calendar that lists local group meetings with dates and directions. I also go to a weekly meeting in Lawrenceville and a monthly meeting in Snellville. These are a little further from you but if interested e-mail me and I can give you more information. I started attending meetings about 3 months before surgery and I have met some really great people! Good luck in your search. Marie, Dr. Hart 12/02/03, lapy rny -97 lbs
Most Active