Lurkers- I know you're there!

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/04 11:31 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Hey Monica! I do recall seeing you around the boards and i have kept up with your profile! Your 4 mth pic looks great...time for a new one to be posted too -115 lbs is wonderful! All of you post-ops give me inspiration!! I look forward to seeing you around! Keep us all posted! Tonya
jerrbugg
on 6/2/04 10:50 am - wellsburg, wv
i must admit, i am a lurker! i check out this site every night. i am 33 my bmi is 51. i have a 8 year old and a 3 year old both girls. i went to my pcp friday, she told me to call a sergeon that i wanted to do the surgery and go she would send them her referal for ins purposes. anywhoooo, i called dr smiths office today, they are no longer taking hmo's . whaaaaaa no new ones anyway. i live in woodstock and this would have been way too convienient for me. so tonight i will try to find all the drs in my area and call tomorrow. i LOVE to read all your profiles, its really motivational. and i love to see whats going on w/ everyone every day. i just didnt "feel" like i should post till at least i got a dr. oh and hi everyone! jerri
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/04 11:36 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Hey Jerri!! I'm right there with you scanning the boards at night after my 5 yr old goes to bed. I think it's great that your PCP is so supportive! That is very important. Don't give up....there are plenty of surgeons in the Atlanta area. You don't have to have a Dr to start participating. So please keep us posted on your search. I love to read profiles also....sometimes I feel like I "know" people. strange isn't it! Look forward to seeing you around! Tonya
Carrie R.
on 6/2/04 11:57 am - Gainesville, GA
Hey everybody, I'm Carrie, I'm 34 years old a mother of three (7,5 and 2-very busy), I check this board almost everyday to check out all the wonderful news about everyone!!!! It's like reading e-mails, since I don't know alot people!! I'm currently waiting approval, hopefully I will know something tomorrow or friday, so says the insurance co.!!!!! My surgeon is Dr. Richards hear in Gainesville. Thanks to everybody for support and great humor ya'll have!!!!!!!! Carrie
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/04 11:41 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Hey Carrie! I wish you luck with your approval!! Make sure post when you hear!!! Is there a support group in your area? It's a great way to meet new friends. I have made so many new friends from the two support groups I attend. Between this site and my Tues. meetings it has made this whole process much easier. I cna't imagine going through all this alone. I look forward to hearing some good news from you soon!! Tonya
Sheila M.
on 6/2/04 11:59 am - Athens, GA
My name is Sheila and I am a 45 year young woman who is engaged to the most wonderful man in the world. I admit............I am a Lurker! Every Evening I check the Message Board. I am waiting on one doctor's report before my information can be send to my insurance company for approval. I feel like I know many of you personally by reading the daily posts. Hopefully I will meet you at a Support Group Meeting one day. My doctor is Dr. Duncan.
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/04 11:44 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Hey Sheila!!! Good to see you posting! I wish you luck on your insurance approval! It shouldn't be long now. So many Dr Duncan patients here! Wow! Maybe we'll meet one day in his office Keep us posted! Tonya
cbouland
on 6/2/04 1:06 pm - Conyers, GA
great idea Tonya!!! I am Connie and like DeeDee I am an addict to this board!!! I am 32 and have always been over weight. My info is submitted to BCBS HMO so now I wait..... but I am not stressing or trying to be tooooo anxious about this. If it is meant to happen the good lord above will make it happen...... so we'll see... Glad to meet everyone and hope everyone will keep posting! Connie
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/04 11:46 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Hey Connie! You have a positive attitude and that will take you far!! I have my dingers and toes crossed for you too. I look forward to hearing good news about your approval!! I'm glad you're here. What Dr are you using? Tonya
lstivers
on 6/2/04 1:29 pm - Bogart, GA
Tonya, you are somethin' else!! Congrats on your approval, and I hope your date comes sooooon! My name is Paige. I am 38 (39 in two weeks). My surgery date is June 9 with Dr. Procter - just one week from today!! I have enjoyed learning from this board. Everyone is so supportive. Thank you to everyone who offers wonderful advice and comfort. I truly appreciate you all. -Paige
Most Active