8 days left! I had the best weekend!

Kay Holder
on 6/1/04 12:58 pm - Mableton, GA
We (Me, DH, MIL, her bestfriend and her 2 small children) went to Daytona this weekend, from Friday til late last night. We stayed at Sun Viking Lodge in Daytona beach shores, and it was an excellent hotel, with lots of kids oriented things/activites. They have 2 pools, one inside and one out, complete with a 60 foot slide. We had a huge oceanfront suite, and we sat out on the balcony of our 8th floor room all night, every night and drank our tea (for me) and rum and coke for them. It was wonderful. We ate pizza from New York Style Pizza the first night, (I ate the toppings) and it was the best pizza ever. The second night we went to Bubba Gumps, and had a 2 hour wait. We decided to go down the boardwalk and wait for dinner, and I was going to sit in one of the oceanfront benches while they went down the boardwalk because I was afraid I wouldnt be able to walk down to the pier (about 3/4 a mile, I suppose) so I sat down, and then got pissed at myself and went with them anyways, and I did just fine. My feet hurt like hell, but I made it. Bubba Gumps was wonderful.. had the shorts and Army uniforms from the movies, and all kinds of memoriabilia. I had stuffed shrimp (stuffed with crab mean, topped with mozzerella and montery jack) and it was the best shrimp I've ever eaten in my life. The second night, we ate Aunt Catfishes, and I had my vey first taste of gator tail (tastes like chicken) and shark, which was wonderful. I had King crab legs for dinner, and they even cut them longways in half for me so all I had to do was pull the meat out.. it was wonderful as well. I never burn, but last year I had second degree burns, so I was overgenerous with the sunscreen this time. My head still got sunburned and itches like crazy now, but about 100 people at work commented on my tan today, even with the 75 SPF sunscreen I was slathering on lol.' I left our back door open so the dogs could get in and out (one's 5, and my baby is barely 1) and my SIL was checking on them everyday, and the whole weekend my baby only ate one shoe, so that was good, although he now freaks out when I leave his side, guess he thinks I'm leaving again. I rarely thought about surgery, and when I did, it was good. I was thankful to soend quality time with my husband and his family. I am happy, but not excited about surgery. I am not allowing myself to be happy.. I am scared to death it wont happen. Something will come up last minute, and I wont have it.I was like this when I got married, I didnt feel any happiness.. only frightfulness that something was going to go wrong, and it did, and I'm not allowing myself to be happy, but I wish to god I could be happy. If you have emailed me, and I didnt reply, I will... I promise. Thank you everyone for your support. I am sure I wouldnt have made it this far without all of you.
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/04 1:08 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Kay, I'm glad you ahd a wonderful time! I am also glad that you were able to put the surgery out of your mind while you were there. Did you receive my e-mail??? Take care gal! Tonya PS- I got approved while you were away!;)
Kay Holder
on 6/1/04 1:17 pm - Mableton, GA
OH YAY ON THE APPROVAL!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I WOULD LOVE LOVE TO return the angel favor for you! I am so happy for you!
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/04 11:10 pm - Warner Robins, GA
That would be wonderful Kay!!! Tonya
PEGGY B.
on 6/1/04 1:37 pm - SYLVA, NC
GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT WEEKEND GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!
Most Active