Appointment for Medical Eval

Patima
on 6/1/04 12:50 am - GA
Hi y'all, Well, I finished the last of my tests (upper GI) last week and also got my approval. I got a call from Dr. Appel's office this morning. My Medical Eval with Dr. Appel is scheduled for .....are you ready for this.....June 25th! That is a month away! I was so disappointed. If the evals are scheduled out that far, I can only guess that the surgical dates are into the fall. She said to plan on 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours for the appointment. I am so bummed out. 4 weeks! But at least I know I am on my way. If anyone has used Dr. Appel, can you tell me what goes on during this long appointment? Patti
catherine30040
on 6/1/04 2:45 am - Atlanta, GA
congratulations on making progress on a long journey!
kiwani
on 6/1/04 3:05 am - columbus, ga
Patti, congratulations..... i dont know anything about dr. appel, but i have heard only good things about him... good luck..!!!! kiwani
Dixie P.
on 6/1/04 6:36 am - Atlanta, GA
Hang in there Pat. Even though everything seems to be moving WAY too slow for you, remember, this is a change for the rest of your life. You can wait a month or so more to have everything in order. Take the time to do more walking, eating low carb so your liver can shrink and have a better time of it in surgery. Get yourself in the best shape you can before you go under the knife. AND... don't forget to eat all those luscious things you love now. Once you're out of surgery, those items will be GONE for a long time. I remember passing a Chinese buffet restaurant on my way home from the hospital and feeling like I would weep. LOL!!! Sounds funny, but believe me, when you watch the food ads on TV, or watch others eating the foods you used to love, you'll say "WHAT DID I JUST DO???" Everyone does it. Even me, who thought I NEVER would. I went to the movies the other day and next to the movies is the Jersey Mikes I used to go to once a week for lunch with my friends. I WAS IN PANIC MODE!!! So... take your time, get yourself in shape and enjoy a few extravagances now and then until surgery. GOOD LUCK!!
Most Active