HATE THIS

NAT
on 5/31/04 3:52 am - Atlanta, GA
This is not a positive post. So do not read any further as I don't want to offend anyone............ To those who do want to know. I want to start by saying thanks to this whole family of mine. I thanks Vanessa for being in that hospital with me like that. Leaving work to do it. DeDee came all the way from Alabama to see me and she is wondrful. Kerstin who is always there for me and my family thanks soooooo much. There are many to thank so thanks to you ALL!!!!!!!!!!! I must say that I came home on Saturday. It's Monday and I am miserable. My surgery was last Tues or Wed I think go****'s all topsy turvy. My drain was that thurs I was admitted though. I went to the hospital cuz My back was in such pain, I was dizzy and throwing up. I couldn't walk or drive. I found out though that my old stomack was not draining and that was swelling and applying pressure on my nerve ending explaining my severe backpain. This was no joke. I thought I was gonna pass out. I got the drain that night I think. Or next day it's so blurry in my mind. I stayed in the hospital though for 6 days before going in for surgery where they had to repair the old stomack and repair a Petersons's Hernia (what they called it) It went through all my stomack. Well 6 days after that I am home with a drain in my stomack I have to empty out 3 times a day. I must say that I wish I didn't have this surgery and I wanted to share with you all. I cry and wi**** would all just go aways. I am in pain all the time and I can not get comfortable. I am scarred to sit to stand to lie down. Man it's miseralbe. I do not wish this on my worst enemy!!!! I can not eat and my mouth and nose are all messed up!!!! I can't hardly use the bathroom and taking a shower it like world war 3. I will close now but I need to vent my experience with this surgery right now!!! NAT
BIGYANK
on 5/31/04 4:27 am - Atlanta, GA
Natalie, I have not had the procedure yet--still dealing with the IDIOTS. Anyway, I want you to think back to a past post where you were talking about the axle on your car breaking right before you got on the connector. You pointed out that you have been through some rough stuff in your life but GOD HAS ALWAYS MADE A WAY. That its my point Nat, GOD will see you through this if you let him.
Harriett H.
on 5/31/04 6:17 am - Alpharetta, GA
Natalie I have not had the surgery yet but I did have a hernia repair in my stomach had a few problms but I put it all in Gods Hands and lift it there and everything work out it not the first time he has pulled me through. You'll be in my prayers and i'll ask my church to put you on there pray list. Lots of love and((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))) hang in there girl as my pastor always tell us this to will pass. If you need to vent just email me i'm a good listner and to watch over you. Harriett
Harriett H.
on 5/31/04 6:21 am - Alpharetta, GA
woops sorry my spelling was not the best (left) (listener) Harriett
NAT
on 5/31/04 9:52 am - Atlanta, GA
how long were you in pain from the hernia repair. How long not being comfortable in a chair or bed. How long walking with a hump?
Harriett H.
on 5/31/04 10:28 am - Alpharetta, GA
Hi Nat I was in pain for about 4 weeks and being comfortable in bed took months but I had always slept on my stomach it was not to long for the chair. walking took a while but I don't do a lot of walking any way I have Lupus, Arthritis Fibromyalgia and Asthmas. my knee and hip joints are playing out they are already wanting to do replacement on my right knee. That's why i'm having this surgery to get the weight off then my all around health will be better. I was in a wheelchair for 4 yrs my weight at that time was 400 and been out of it 3yrsby getting down to 250 but i'm now back to 300. sorry for rambling on.God Help me with all that.So Just hang in there God will see you through. Your in my prayers May God Bless you and hold you in his loving arms. Harriett
Patima
on 5/31/04 7:10 am - GA
I haven't had the surgery yet, just got my approval last week. But I have been a "lurker" for many months on the boards and and read so many posts and journals of post-ops who have had complications after their surgeries. I'm sure you've seen many of the postings from these folks asking "Why did I do this" and "Was I crazy to go through with it". The strange thing is, after a few months when they are finally well and on the right path and THEY are the ones that are saying how happy they are that they had the surgery. Unfortunately complications are going to arise. Some are extremely lucky and sail through everything just fine. You know the ones: no pain, no dumping, no problems. Knowing me, I always have a little black cloud and have already prepared myself to accept that I may not breeze through as well as others, but knowing before showing up on that day of surgery, that I have made the right choice and knew of all the possible consequences. I hope that you are quickly on the road to recovery and you begin to see the wonderful results of your surgery. And go ahead and vent....that's what we are here for - the good and the bad! Patti
sambus24
on 5/31/04 7:43 am - Thomson, ga
hope it will get better. have a good day.. sarah
Karel J.
on 5/31/04 8:59 am - GA
Hi Nat! I just wanted to encourage you and say "GO NAT GO!!" Hang in there as GOD WILL MAKE A WAY!! Many times I've sung that song and it's so true. Take this opportunity to rest in God's mighty hands. Let Him hold you and you just try your best to rest in peace. I promise you, there's light at the end of the tunnel. We're all here to encourage you so let us! Before you know it, your precious kids will be saying "Mama, you can take us to White Water now!" I'll be praying for you... Karel
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/04 9:44 am - Warner Robins, GA
Nat, I am so glad to see your face on the board!! I've missed you! I am praying that as soon as the drain comes out you will be feeling better. I know it's hard to see the light at the end of tunnel but darling don't give up now! It will get better with time. Have Faith and trust in the Lord! Love ya gal! Tonya
Most Active