SF Snack Ideas

Patima
on 5/29/04 12:50 am - GA
Hi Y'all, I just received an e-mail from someone I met who had surgery about a year ago. She had a lot of helpful hints on adding some flavor to drinks and snacks. I'm sure she won't mind my sharing her ideas because I think they are just wonderful! She wrote: I just got an e-mail from a friend who had surgery last year. She had some great tips on getting more flavor in and not spending a fortune. I know a lot of folks have been looking for SF syrups. She wrote: "You can order sugar free syrup from www.davincigourmet.com to add to the shakes. I liked the eggnog and caramel and they even have peanut butter, strawberry & chocolate but I never tried them. Using the syrups really made the shakes taste better and gave me some variety without having to buy a lot of different flavored protein mix. The bottles are about the size of a wine bottle and last a long time. They are great in coffee too since I was a big cappucino fan. If you want to try some first check at wal-mart around the coffee. They usually have sf vanilla and sf hazelnut and Super Target in ******* sells their own brand and sometimes you can find their sf caramel. I also loved sno cones after surgery. I have one of those Rival sno cone machines (mine works better if you start with crushed ice) from wal-mart and would munch on the ice with crystal light or other drinks. It really helped get in my fluids after surgery. Wal-mart even has a variety box of sf mixes for the sno cones and davincigourmet sells cola, root beer and fruity flavors. My son loves em too! Somebody else suggested using sf kool-aid w/spenda but don't add as much water cause it will get diluted when you pour it over the ice but I haven't had the chance to try that yet. Wal-mart brand has a sf peach kool-aid that I really like and sf tang taste as good as the real thing." Hope this helps someone who is having problems with their tastebuds! Patti
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/04 1:09 am - Warner Robins, GA
Thanks Pat! Great ideas!! I am going to check out Wal-mart for the macine and syrups. I really want a sno-cone machine. That is a wonderful way to assist with fluid intake. My son loves them too so I know it will be a hit! Thanks again! Tonya
Most Active