THANK YOU!

DeeDee_Cole
on 5/28/04 8:05 am
I know I've mentioned it seperately - but I wanted to send a special thank you to those that were in the hospital with me! ((((((((((((((Vincent, Mike & Kerry)))))))))))))))))))) It was such a comforting feeling to know all these people who don't really know you are truely there for you through the good and bad. Every day I feel a little stronger and am simply trying to adjust to the new stomach and new life style. My biggest problem right now is my IV sight is swollen and I get nauseaus easily. (Any thought? the pepcid only works for a while) Also - I'm trying to figure out how to bathe and not have my scar get wet....(Per the doctors orders) God Bless you all!!!!!
Patima
on 5/28/04 8:33 am - GA
Whoa....didn't you JUST have your surgery? How are you doing? Remember, walk and sip, walk and sip. That's what the "veteran's" say. Hope you are mending well, you are evidently getting around. Take care, Patti
pilotswife
on 5/28/04 8:44 am - Mcdonough, GA
Hey Girl. Glad to see you up and posting. This is the first time I've felt like getting online myself. My drugs are making me a little loopy, so, forgive any misspellings. Yeah, my IV sight is really swollen too. I've put an ice pack on it and that seems to help. Sorry, don't know what to tell ya about nausea (sp?). I seem to be just the opposite. I can eat anything I've tried. Which is really freaking me out. In some strange way, I keep hoping to get sick.....just so I know the surgery 'took'. I know that sounds like the most stupid thing to say, I should be thankful. There might be some good advice on this website. I'll surf a little and see if I find you anything that might help. I got my incision (sp?) wet by accident. I tried to cover it with plastic wrap and tape. I HAD to wash my hair. The tape over the scar got a little wet. I took a blow dryer to it and it seems fine. However, just to be on the safe side, I won't do that again. I've decided the next time to just make an appt. with a beautician and have them wash my hair. Expensive, yes, but worth it so I don't get it infected. Other than that, it's gonna be sponge bathing for me. I don't think I've help you much. I know that drinking water will help netralize the acid in your tummy. That may help some with the nauseau. Make sure you take your pain meds with juice or something!!! Kerry
Molly C.
on 5/28/04 9:00 am - GA
Hi Kerry, We had our surgery on the same date. Mine was a lap. I had a wonderful nurse who instructed me how to place my drain in a plastic bag, and tape the rest of othe plastic bag across my stomach while I showered. My husband empties the drain when I come out of the shower and redresses the site. Keeps things pretty dry this way. I am still on liquids, sugar free popcycles, broth, protein drinks. sipping lots of water. What is this you are eating and doing so well with? I can't have fruit juices yet. From reading your post it sounds like it won't be long before I can. Are you thinking alot about food? I am. This bothers me. Has anyone else out there had these thoughts so soon after surgery? My thoughts keep going to a year from now when I can tolerate any food just in smaller amounts. Keep up the walking, and smiling. God Bless, Molly
Carrie R.
on 5/28/04 12:23 pm - Gainesville, GA
Molly, I was wondering how everything went for you, and hadn't heard anything. Sounds like it went well, I'm so happy for you and hope things keep going great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Carrie
MIke R.
on 5/28/04 9:08 am - Ball Ground, GA
Diana- I agree with you! It was very comforting to have fellow friends in the hospital to talk too. I am glad to be home but miss walking the halls! Keep up the good work and keep in touch! Love YA!
Kelle W
on 5/28/04 11:31 am - Atlanta, GA
Diana, I'm so glad you are doing good at home, but sorry to hear you're suffering from naseau. I'm happy there were other folks in the hospital with you to lend you support. I felt so bad that there was no one to stay with you during the day...please keep us updated on how you're doing! Kelle
(deactivated member)
on 5/28/04 11:46 am - Warner Robins, GA
Glad you are home!! What kind of vitamins are you taking??? I know it's a shot in the dark but I've heard several people say they got nauseous and have even dumped on Flintstones. Hope you get teh bottom of it! Hugs, Tonya
DeeDee_Cole
on 5/29/04 2:12 am
Tonya, Dr Burrowes hasn't told me any type of vitamin to take or type of protein to drink - so I haven't looked into it a whole bunch. I go back to him on Wednesday at 9:30 so I guess I'll find out then. (He actually told me not to worry about that until I see him next week....) I'll keep you guys posted!
Carrie R.
on 5/28/04 12:27 pm - Gainesville, GA
Diana, Glad you're home and doing well, sorry about the nausea. Keep a positive outlook, I'm sure things will get better!!!! Congrats on being on the losing side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Carrie
Most Active