Post-op Diet help

Harriett H.
on 5/26/04 2:48 am - Alpharetta, GA
Can anyone give me a idea what you can eat after surgery. I need to prepare in advance for my Husband to know what to feed me right after. He is not that great of a cook. Second though better get my daughter to do the cooking.She is a God Bless Harriett
KerriGLPN
on 5/26/04 3:52 am - 'Tifton, GA
Mrs. Harriett, hello! Every doctor will tell you what they recommend but I know most wont mind you having sugar free jello, Crstyal lite, sugar free pudding, fat free or reduced fat cream soups(strained). Thats bout all I could eat for the first week of surgery and drink tons of water. Stay away from the carbonated drinks!! Some docs let you do that for a week then go to a bland diet and then continue to work your way back up to regular foods. I had surgery in March and still have to play out what I can and cant eat. My surgeon said that if it makes you sick the first time wait a few weeks and try it again! But I ve been on regular food s for about a month and a half! But again its all up to the doc! Hope this helps! Kerri
Harriett H.
on 5/26/04 5:46 am - Alpharetta, GA
Thank you that is something my husband can do he is no cook unless it's on the grill. Harriett
Most Active