I was lied to again!!!

virgohoney
on 5/21/04 10:18 am - Covington, GA
Good evening Amos family, I am venting again. Some of you may remember my post from last week. I was told my approval had been transferred to Dr. Duncan by phone and I was told to call back today for my surgery date. Well, guess what??!!?? My approval was never transferred to Dr. Duncan. So no surgery date!!!! BCBS has no record of ever speaking with Yakima at Peachtree Bariatrics and Yakima wasn't available for comment. They did, however, receive my file today and it is being submitted for approval. They told me to call back in a week. You see, BCBS does not transfer approvals from one doctor to another and never has. So this means that when I was told my approval was transferred to Dr. Duncan, (by one of Dr. Duncan's staff) I was lied to. It certainly isn't the first time they lied to me (I was told my file was submitted on May 4th, but it wasn't) and it probaly won't be the last. I am really beginning to wonder if this is meant to be. First, my original surgery is cancelled, than Peachtree Bariatrics sits on my completed file (all tests, evaluations, and clearances are finished) for over two months. Maybe I should just give up!!! Nope, I am just kidding I will get my surgery one way or the other!!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful evening and I send prayers to everyone. May all your wishes come true. Smooches Chandra
Feeling L.
on 5/21/04 11:33 am - Comer, GA
I hope that you get everything worked out and I am sorry that you are having so many problems. Just think though.... once you DO have the surgery, it will be well worth all of the hard work. Put your foot down and stand your ground. Hugs, Alli D.
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/04 11:09 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Have you spoke with Joyce? I would hold their feet to the fire. This is so wrong!!! Big hugs to you! Tonya
virgohoney
on 5/22/04 2:53 am - Covington, GA
Thanks Tonya and Alli, I really need those hugs!! No, Joyce wasn't in the office yesterday. I'm going to call BCBS back in a week and see what they say. I think it is so dumb to have to go thru the approval process all over again. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get some good news soon. Have a great day! Chandra
Blackbutterfly
on 5/22/04 3:24 am - duluth, GA
Hi, Chandra. I have BCBS PPO of Georgia. I recently switched Dr.s From Dr. Hart to Dr. Burrowes. I was originally approved with Dr. Hart. I faxed my approval letter to Dr. Burrowes office, they faxed it the same day. Blue Cross changed everything in just a week. I dont think that you have to be re-approved. On my approval letter it stated that it was good for one year. Try to call BCBS and the Dr.office that is stupid. They need to step up there game. Serita
virgohoney
on 5/22/04 3:38 am - Covington, GA
Thanks Serita! When I talked to BCBS yesterday, they said they had just rec'd my file on May 20, and for me to check back with them in a week. So hopefully, mine will only take a week also. What bothers me the most is that Dr. Duncan's office is telling me so many conflicting stories. I don't know what to believe anymore. If Dr. Duncan wasn't such a great surgeon, I probaly would've found someone else a long time ago. But I know that he is one of the best. Thanks for passing along that info, I will check back with BCBS on Friday. Maybe they'll have some good news for me. Have a great day! Chandra
Kay Holder
on 5/22/04 10:51 am - Mableton, GA
Not to be rude.. but how will they act if you have questions post op and call them? Will they procrastinate then, too? The reason I ddidnt go with Dr. Duncan wwas because of the things I've heard about his office staff, and he doesnt do the actual surgeries.. his team does and he performs a small part. It just didnt comfort me. Good luck with getting a date Kay
virgohoney
on 5/22/04 12:29 pm - Covington, GA
Oh no, you are not being rude at all, I have actually been asking myself that very same question!! I'm don't want to switch right now because my file was finally submitted (after over 2 months) on this past Thursday. So I'm gonna try to stick it out with him. He and his team have a great mortality rate. I'm sure you can guess what my questions will be about at my next consultation. Smooches, Chandra
Michelle J.
on 5/23/04 12:49 am - Savannah, GA
Im two months post op with Dr. Duncan. Sorry to hear the problems your having. I have not had any problems with him or the office staff, pre op or post op. I would however speak to Joyce or Karen Brown. I know she (Karen ) was out for awhile dont know if she is back yet. I dealt with her the most, when bc/bs approved me I got them to fax me the approval letter that day, then i faxed to Dr. Duncans office. They have to have it before Wed or you have to wait till the next week to get your sugery date. Dr. Speights in his office did most of my surgery. She was wonderful, had no problems went home the next day. Keep your head up and when you call back to his office ask for Joyce or someone a little higher up. Michelle
virgohoney
on 5/23/04 1:17 am - Covington, GA
Thanks so much Michelle!! I am glad to know you are doing good as a post op. I can't wait until I'm on the other side too. I'm hoping that now that BCBS has my file, I won't experience any more problems with the office. Thanks so much for your encouraging words!!! Smooches! Chandra
Most Active