BCBS Diet History/help

Cricket J.
on 5/19/04 11:36 am - Atlanta, GA
What should the diet history look like? Format ? Do I just write all the crap I've tried or should it be eassay like? I don't have a clue I just figured that you guys that were approved or had surgery already had a pretty good idea or at least could tell me what format you used. Thanks
vstyler111
on 5/19/04 12:47 pm - Newnan, GA
Hi Monique, You will need to write the type of diet, amount of weight lost then regained as well as the date of the diet. You can write the month/year if you don't know the specific dates. It doesn't have to be essay but go back as far as you can remember. Also include diet meds tried. You will need to give this to your PCP so it can be included in his letter to BCBS which will ultimately be sent in with your packet by your surgeon....Good luck! Vince
Kay Holder
on 5/19/04 1:12 pm - Mableton, GA
I did it in excel Date .... | Diet .. | Lost | Length | end result 01/2001 | Atkins | 20 | 2 weeks | gained back 40,stopped b/c hypoglycemic Not ONLy did they want a diet history.. after I submitted mine, BCBS now requires a weight history, so I did the same thing. Date Weight 1/2001 250 06/01 275 etc etc They only started requiring that in May.
Cricket J.
on 5/20/04 2:38 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks guys...your the best!
Most Active