GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pilotswife
on 5/19/04 11:11 am - Mcdonough, GA
I feel like a complete idiot!!! The only two questions I had for Dr. Burrowes today was: 1) was he going to take my gallbladder out and 2) could he look around in there and remove any endometriosis he might see. I felt so rushed once I got to see Dr. B, I completly forgot. Even though I sat there for HOURS waiting to see him, one would have thought I would have had time to collect my thoughts. Now, I'm freaking out thinking if I "spring" this on him at the last minute, I could really confuse things. I will call tomorrow of course, but I always feel better when I can ask him face to face. Memo to Mike R. --- are you have your gallbladder out? If so, great, cause I want my out too. If not, well.....you might get it out any way. I can't help but think some how some way we are really gonna confuse people. If one of the nurses asks you how long you've had endometriosis, I suggest you RUN. For those of you wonderful folks that have mentioned they want to come visit me, make sure you get the correct room. Mike Robertson and I are having surgery the same day. I know for a fact that on the 8th floor, they list patients by their LAST name and the Dr.'s name. Could be interesting.
DeeDee_Cole
on 5/19/04 11:41 am
It was so good to see you and Mike today. It's comforting to actually see the people behind the "screen" and know they are going through the same situation that you are. I'm sitting here tonight trying to relax and not think too much of anything but what the good Lord may ask of me tomorrow. I'm also thinking about how much my arm hurts from where that lady drew blood today and slipped....it's bruised horribly and a little swollen. (I don't think anything will come of it - but I am watching it.) It's real!!!! We're on our ways to being big ol' loosers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MIke R.
on 5/20/04 10:22 pm - Ball Ground, GA
Good to see you and Diana on Wed. Best of luck to you both. I am at 11a on the 25th. I will let Dr Burrowes warm up on you guys! Great Questions Kerry! I figured you would have a little more to say than that!!! You must have been drinking your "pop" and just forgot what to ask! I did ask some questions about the fobi- 9 to 12 millimeter opening to the pouch. The band is plastic and goes around the pouch and will eventually have scar tissue around it to hold it into place. No peg tubes are placed in the unused section of the stomach unless he feels it necessary. No need to change diet at this point. Do not start protein drinks until he states your ready. CHEW CHEW CHEW! He mentioned nothing to me about endometriosis or gall bladder! I guess for my sake that's a good sign! As far as last names, don't sweat it. Happens all the time. Rooms will separate us, one on each end if they can accommodate us. 2 different nurses (or should be) and name alerts. If you're worried, have somebody stay with you around the clock. Do not let them give you any medication with asking what it is and for "Kerry". Use your first name. They will get to know you quickly that way. I think just the fact that it is a male/female thing will break up any confusion. Try and relax! Good luck guys and I'll see you both in the halls! mike
Most Active