mindless rambling

DeeDee_Cole
on 5/18/04 12:34 pm
Okay - I'm less than a week out....and I'm so nervous that it's literally got me so upset I can cry at any given moment. I've also thought about putting it off cause I'm so scared. This week is very emotional for me. At work we've been two people short (I work in a three person department)- one lady has strep throat and the other has been out for her father having open heart surgery. It's also going to be on Thursday the one year anniversary of my Daddy's death. I'm also having some PMS issues. I pray daily.....almost every minute actually for God to give me his strength to get through this....and so far it's worked. But I'm "over thinking" everything I can figure out. Is there anything I can do to keep my head screwed on straight?
Travis T.
on 5/18/04 2:54 pm - Hogansville,, GA
When things seem tough on me or stressful ,I take a deep breath and look at the great changes i am about to go thru , and i also look at all i have to be thankful for . No matter how bad we have it there is someone in the world that is alot worse off. remember PMA positive mental attitude . Good luck Dee i hope my date is just a few weeks away . Travis chin up, an smilie "joy is coming in the morning "
Kelle W
on 5/19/04 3:08 am - Atlanta, GA
Diana, you're going to fine, really you are. Maybe you could try doing some short meditations throughout the day? I know you're swamped at work, but just take 5 minutes three or so times a day and think about how many wonderful changes are going to happen in your life as a result of this surgery. It's okay to be scared, it's natural. Just don't let your fear paralyze you. If this is what you really want, then go for it....you can always change your mind...I know you don't want to, but if your instincts cry out for you to postpone, listen to them....but I think you're just nervous. Try to read a funny book in the evenings or go see a movie. Troy is out now and what better way to take your mind off of something than Brad Pitt in roman period clothing? I'll volunteer to go see it with you on Friday if you want! Kelle
Most Active