JuicePlus Question

Joe C.
on 5/18/04 3:52 am - Manor, GA
I guess this would be addressed to anyone who takes this post-operatively. What in the world do ya'll eat that with? I know that they said to break the capsules open, but that stuff has got to taste horrible out of the capsule. Anywho, just looking for suggestions for how I should get it in my belly!! Joe
NAT
on 5/18/04 5:00 am - Atlanta, GA
What is juice plus NAT
cbouland
on 5/18/04 6:32 am - Conyers, GA
Hi. Juice plus is a supplement, and it is not a supplement. The best way to describe it is it is all your fruits and veges ground up into pill form. Joe I would suggest apple sauce? -- I am not post op yet but oneday I will be and i was kind of wondering the same thing. I guess taking them whole is not an option. Oh wait .... I just remebered.... They have juice Plus GUMMIES..... They would be chewable.... When you call and re-order or go to their website... you can check that out. Connie
Joe C.
on 5/18/04 10:52 pm - Manor, GA
Yeah, I had thought about getting the gummies, but I have got a ton of the capsules left and that stuff wasn't cheap. I wanted to try and use all of the capsules that I had before ordering anything else. Thanks!!! Joe
Joe C.
on 5/19/04 12:16 am - Manor, GA
Hey NAT! How's life treating you after surgery? Pretty well I hope. JuicePlus is a supplement that Dr. Duncan likes to have all of his patients on before and after surgery. It is a ton of fruits and vegetables condensed down into capsule form. It helps with the surgery and the healing process. Joe
Joe C.
on 5/18/04 11:40 pm - Manor, GA
I was told by the surgeons staff and the dietician that after the surgery, you will not be able to swallow any capsules or pills that are larger than a pea. If you do, it may not completely break down and cause a blockage in your new stomach. Joe
kimberlynorman
on 5/19/04 2:40 am - McDonough, GA
I just switched to a product called reliv you can find in on google. I think it is reliv.com. It is all a liqued drink. It has protein and gobs of vitamines.
Pam S.
on 5/19/04 10:31 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Hey Joe: I had the same concern and was afraid to take them. When I went for my one month post op visit, (my surgery was on 3/29/04) I asked Dr. McGowan and he said to just go ahead and take the capsules one at a time with a little water. I take them about 1 hour after each meal and then before bed. Veggies in the morning and fruits in the evening. So far, I have not had a problem. I take each capsule with just a small sip of water. Hope this helps. Pam
Joe C.
on 5/19/04 12:37 pm - Manor, GA
Thank you VERY much Pam. I'll start tomorrow and see how it goes. Joe
sxynecie
on 5/19/04 11:41 pm - Jonesboro, GA
what ever you do, do NOT get the chewables, They are horrible Mrs~Jackson
Most Active