I'm BACK HOME!!!!!!!!!!

MICHELLE L.
on 5/16/04 2:59 am - RINCON, GA
Thanks to everyone who said a prayer for me. I had my surgery at Memorial Bariatrics on May 11th. I was scheduled at 1130 am and didnt get into the OR until 430PM. It was quite a wait. I was nervous and anxious all the same time. Versed was definately a plus for me. I got out of surgery at 1030pm to my room. I was given a PCA Morphine pump which controlled my pain, but also gave me dry heaves. That was DC"d every in the game. They gave me Lortabs and also Darvocet and both of those gave me nightmares. So right now, Im not using anything, just will use Tylenol only if I need something. My stomach looks good. The J-tube is out, but the G-tube is still in. They leave the G-tube intact for 10 days after surgery only because the old stomach is still making hydrochloricaid and it really needs somewhere to go. If you feeling a little distended, tight, or nauseated you can release the cap and you'll start feeling better immmediately. I think I went through the surgery fine, I just was more shocked about the water, vitamins and eating procedure. I've already made a schedule to go by, so that helps trying to get everything in for the day. I ordered the Bariblend vitamins and they seems to go down well for me. I have to get better as I have to go back to work June 1 (3 weeks). Everyone take care, please write me any time and I will do the same. Michelle
Siddy I.
on 5/16/04 3:33 am - Savage, MN
Michelle~ Glad you are home and doing good!! Take care. Sidney
lisasolis
on 5/16/04 5:03 am - Rincon, GA
It was me that clled and spoke with your husband. I knew your surgery was on this date and I prayed for you also, I just wanted to call to check on you before I left for Atlanta. Although I am happy for the surgery, I was rough for the first few days and my tummy is still sore. I did have trouble walking the first day while others were just strolling away. I had to breathe in this ___omoter! and my numbers wouldn't go over 1000 so they made me do it constantly, and I just figured it was the percoset that made me so sick. I am glad to be on the other side. Are you feeling okay?
Kelle W
on 5/16/04 1:02 pm - Atlanta, GA
Michelle, I'm glad you're home and doing okay! We're thinking about you! Kelle
ShonF.
on 5/17/04 2:09 pm - Peachy State, GA
Welcome home Michelle, glad surgery went well and that you are doing fine. Shondra
Most Active