So so tired...

Meg S.
on 5/14/04 8:51 am - Savannah, GA
I am exhausted from all the frustration and hoops that have to be jumped through to get ready and approved for this surgery. I was denied by Tricare because they only cover open and my surgeon only does lap. I'm tempted to pay for it myself but I am so worried about the possibility of complications and being in debt. Now I find out I can get it done in a military hospital but it will take another five months. I want to scream because I have done all of the tests and have been signed off by my PCP, the pulmonologist, I had documented diets, the cardiologist, I've had the psych eval and the nutrition consult, I've had the bloodwork - now I don't know what to do. Does anybody have any advice. I am so tired from the emotions of this I can barely stand it. Plus my family are saying on the one hand - okay just go cash and on the other well lets wait for the military doc. Meg
Patima
on 5/15/04 3:45 am - GA
You are right. Tricare now only approves the open procedure. Do some searching to find a Tricare approved surgeon who performs the open in your area. They may accept the testing you have already done. The doctor I initially chose only performed the lap, so I, too, had to change. I found one here in the Atlanta area who is on the Tricare list and performs open. By the way, did Tricare require documented diets? I have heard some people say "yes", and some say "no" and some say they have to be within the last 3 years, etc. Hang in there, don't give up so easily. Patti
Most Active