Advice

BIGYANK
on 5/12/04 5:18 am - Atlanta, GA
I was planning on using Emory Bariatrics in Atlanta. However, because of **** poor customer service (my completed packed of information was submitted 4 weeks ago and has not been submitted to BCBS yet)I am considering switching. My questiosn are- --other than Dr. Duncan who would you use in the Atlanta area? Does Dr. Hart have a weight restriction on patients?
Kelle W
on 5/12/04 5:29 am - Atlanta, GA
Yes, Dr Hart does have a restriction. I'm not sure what it is but I know there was a BMI restriction that kept me from being able to go to him though I had heard wonderful things about him. The surgeon I'm using is Dr. Appel. He doesn't have a BMI limit. I know there is a $250 program fee that they are charging now, but it's a lot cheaper than some of the $4000 ones I've heard. His office staff has not always been the most responsive, but they're 150% better than letting your paperwork sit for a month! I would be livid! Kelle
arlene
on 5/12/04 6:48 am - fortson, GA
Good luck! It took 9 weeks for them to turn in my packet-- I don't know why they are so slow, they said, didn't have everything fron the doctor,but when I talked to the doctors office they had already sent the information, It did seem to help when I complained to the doctors office. I did read on this site that they had a big turnover at the first of the year. That is no excuse for poor customer service. I really don't know about the other doctors in Atlanta I am using Emory because of my co-morbidity I have problems with my (ticker)-- good luck to you in your search to the other side. Arlene
Most Active