Request for additional information

nonamedamet
on 5/12/04 3:18 am - GA
I have been researching this surgery for over a year. I have my first appointment set up with Dr. Titus Duncan office on Jun 3rd. Has anyone been told if there is a restricted life expectancy after having this surgery. Someone told me today that they were told that there is a 10 year life expectancy. This was someone in the medical field but not at Dr Duncan's office so obviously I will ask the doctor directly but I don't want to go if that is the case. I feel as if the surgery is my last hope and understand the risks invovled around the surgery itself. My main motivation is I want to live to see my toddler have kids of his own. Please help............
Joe C.
on 5/12/04 3:26 am - Manor, GA
I hope to HECK NOT! I'm only 23 and just had the surgery done. If I'm only gonna make it to 33, then I want my money back!! I don't think this is the case. One of the main reasons for having this surgery is to INCREASE life expectancy. I am sure the staff at Dr. Duncan's office will tell you the same. Joe
nonamedamet
on 5/12/04 3:28 am - GA
Thank you! I just read your great news and CONGRATULATIONS! I will talk with Dr. Duncan's office then in a few weeks. Please keep me posted on your progress.
sambus24
on 5/12/04 4:21 am - Thomson, ga
l know of 5 people that have had this doon and it has been 13 to 23 years now and they say it was worth it . l'm hopping to get done also. good luck and have a good day. sarah
Candi B.
on 5/12/04 6:48 am - GA
You know Sharon osbourne had the surgery nine years ago and she looks more than healthy. I know some one who had it in the 70's and she said she was very overweight.
Siddy I.
on 5/12/04 11:42 pm - Savage, MN
I was told it ADDED years to my life not the other way around!!! I think that is another one of the scare tactics used to stop people from looking into surgery. Dont buy into it! I KNOW I'm in better health now than I have ever been in my life. The long list of my comorbidities are GONE. You can not tell me that is a bad thing! The BS people say about us makes me sick. Sidney
Most Active