Second thoughts

Carrie R.
on 5/12/04 12:48 am - Gainesville, GA
Hey everyone, Well I guess I'm starting to have sencond thoughts about this whole process. I got my bill yesterday from the doctor's office, I'm just totally in shock! My insurance doesn't pay for any of the visits so that is my responsibility, but the office visit was $450, I was there all of 10 min. The doctor asked if I had any questions, poked around on my stomach-said I'd be a good canidate for the lap surgery, then felt behind my legs asked if I had any pain there and then told me I would be sent to have the h-pylori test done, which the girls in the office wasn't even sure how that process was done or where I was supposed to go then sent a bill for $450 for 10 min of service. I know I really need this surgery but my three kids have got to eat for cryin out loud. I guess I'm starting to wonder if the doctor's do this surgery to help us or if it's all about the money. I don't know, I guess I'm really frustrated right now, but for that kind of money you would think they would have already had all my paper work together and sent off to insurance but the other day when I called and couldn't get a live person ( you know, "your call is important to us, Please leave your name and number and we'll get back to you") have to wait until Thur. because they only return calls on Th. and Fr.'s The girl didn't even know I had taken my h-pylori test, said she would have to call the hosp. for the results and then didn't know anything about my psych eval papers(Oh, I'll have to call and check on those...duh!!) Can ya'll tell I'm FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!....ARRRHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well If anyone has any thoughts, nicer than what mine are right now, I'll be glad to listen!! Thanks for letting me get this out!!! Carrie
Sunny D.
on 5/12/04 1:04 am - South, GA
Sounds a little fishy to me Carrie. Don't be in such a hurry that you don't research your Dr. My pre-op visit was $90 (which my insurance did cover some of). All follow ups are included in the surgery price. I didn't see your surgeon listed but please check with others who have used him. Sounds a little money hungry to me--be careful.
Most Active