HELP!BCBS says no record of paperwork,what do I do?

Margie C.
on 5/10/04 2:45 pm - Marietta, GA
My paperwork was sent to BCBS 10 days ago. I called Friday and again today and they have no record of my paperwork. I spoke with Tammy at Dr.Daly's office and she says it was faxed, and she has called but they have not called back. The guy at BCBS today was laughing at me saying it will take 30-60 days. I told him to find my paperwork and call me back, he laughed,told me to have a nice day and hung up. That is my 3rd phone call to no avail. What do I do next?
lstivers
on 5/10/04 10:03 pm - Bogart, GA
Margie, I don't have the PPO. I have the HMO. My paperwork was faxed on May 5th, however, it was only yesterday that I could get anyone to admit that it was in their building. I finally bypassed the customer service department by getting them to give me the Utilization Management Department's phone number. These are the people that my drs. office faxed the paperwork to. I got a very nice live person on the line, and very calmly explained to her my problem. I told her that I was very worried that I was losing time, and I just wanted to verify that the paperwork had arrived. She agreed to help me find out what was going on before the day was out. She put me on hold for what seemed like forever, but when she came back she had an answer. Apparantly, the reviewer who took my package off the fax machine had forgotten to log it in. So customer service kept telling me that they didn't have it, when of course they really did. As of yesterday, it was sitting on a reviewer's desk being reviewed. The very nice woman that helped me said I should know if I am approved today or tomorrow!! My advice is to just keep at it and see if you can get the number of the department that your paperwork was faxed to so you can get someone to verify if it was received. Let us know how it goes. -Paige
Kelle W
on 5/11/04 12:22 am - Atlanta, GA
Margie, please see the looonnnnggggg message I sent to your personal email that contains top secret squirrel information Good luck! Kelle
cheche00
on 5/11/04 1:25 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Girl give me that phone number I bet they won't laugh again! Call back talk real nice make sure you get the name of the person you are speaking to write it down, ask to speak to their supervisor if they put you through explain to the super how long it has been make sure you get the supervisor name, if they don't let you speak to the supervisor then say maybe you can help me because I'm very upset! Let me know what happens.
Ms.Judy
on 5/11/04 4:29 am - HOSCHTON, GA
I HAVE BSBC HMO AND THEY PULLED THE SAME DEAL ON ME !! ANOTHER LADY HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO HER. THEY KEPT SAYING THEY DIDN'T HAVE MY PAPER WORK AND THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE FAXED IT TO THEM 3 TIMES . THEY PUT ME OFF FROM DEC. 18 , 2003 TILL I FINALLY WORRIED THEM TO DEATH AND GOT APPROVED MARCH 10, 2004. SO JUST CALL THEM EVERYDAY !!! JUDY
Kay Holder
on 5/11/04 8:54 am - Mableton, GA
I can't beliebe you're having problems. Once they got all the info they needed from me, it was 2 days. From what I've heard of Dr. Daly's office staff.. .. chances are the paperwork needs to be resent. Everyone I speak with there is always very nice.
Amy Williams
on 5/11/04 5:43 pm
Call them EVERYDAY! Get to the bottom of what is missing. If you have to go get a copy of your paperwork and fax it your self. Once it's faxed it will show in the system usually in 24 hours. It should not take this long to get the paperwork. Keep on them.
Most Active