I got approved Today :)

Travis T.
on 5/10/04 2:13 pm - Hogansville,, GA
Hi folks , I found out today that i was approved for surgery with my insurance . Actually, I was approved on friday , but i just found out today . The amazing thing to me is my packet was just sent into BCBS last tuesday . I called Dr.Burrowes office to tell them or see if they had heard back from BCBS and they haven't yet . So I am waiting for them to give me a surgery date . Seems like things are happening fast now . ( I'm excited ) Now i have to schedule all the pre-surgery tests , upper GI and such . Sincerely, Travis
Candi B.
on 5/10/04 11:59 pm - GA
How long did the process take? Did you complete the 90 day diet plan?
Kelle W
on 5/11/04 12:12 am - Atlanta, GA
Jane, I'm not sure if Travis has BCBS of GA or not, but if so they no longer require a supervised weight lose attempt. Kelle
Travis T.
on 5/11/04 12:43 am - Hogansville,, GA
Well lets see i actually took the first steps for the surgery in late January , i scheduled an appointment with Dr.Burrowes then, and at that time the earliest appointment was on April 7th. So i had along wait just for my first appointment . After that appt. on april 7th and i was given all the stuff i needed to complete in order to send my packet into the insurance . I simply just busted my butt to get all the tests and evaluations done . then Dr.Burrowes office sent my stuff off to BCBS HMO on 5-4 , and i was approved on 5-7 , really quick , i was amazed .Actually i would have had things done sooner but i had to wait 9 days for my PCP to write a letter for my packet , (guess he was busy ,LOL) I really hope i can have a surgery date in early June , I own my own buisness and our busy time of the year is in august and sept . we do about 65% of our yearly income then . so i would like to be well to work by August . anyway , to sum things up i am pumped , thanks to everyone for there support , and good luck to everyone . Travis
Kelle W
on 5/11/04 12:11 am - Atlanta, GA
Travis that's awesome! Congradulations! I know how good you feel right now. I got approved last Thursday from BCBS of GA POS. My preop testing is this Thursday with Dr. Appel's people, then I get to meet him on the 28th. I won't get a surgery date till after that, but they're saying it will probably be the middle of June. Maybe we'll be having ours at the same time! Kelle
sambus24
on 5/11/04 12:19 am - Thomson, ga
way to go good luck... sarah
Travis T.
on 5/11/04 12:46 am - Hogansville,, GA
Thanks to everyone , I really appreciate it Travis Kellie , where are you having your surgery mine will be at atlanta medical center
Kelle W
on 5/11/04 1:15 am - Atlanta, GA
I believe it will be at Dekalb Medical Center, I think that's the only place Dr. Appel does his surgery. I wish I could have it at Northside since I live in the Sandy Springs/Dunwoody area, but I'll take it however I can get it! Kelle
cheche00
on 5/11/04 1:12 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Good for you! Don't slow down get on the phone right away making those appointments!
ShonF.
on 5/11/04 9:52 am - Peachy State, GA
Congrats, Travis. Shondra
Most Active