Hey Guys!!!!

Joe C.
on 5/9/04 6:58 am - Manor, GA
I am SOOOOO sorry I have not been on the board this past week. I have been mondo, super, hella busy! On top of being post-op, I am also having to get all of my stuff packed up here in Atlanta to move back to South Ga, and I have been working this whole week. (PS: nobody qualified to run against me in the election, so I am officially District 4 Commissioner-Elect Joe Cornelius (R) for the Ware County Commission) Let me update you all to on my progress. As of yesterday I have moved up to blended foods. I was getting tired of cottage cheese and yogurt and mashed potatoes day in and day out. Yesterday I had some baby food and some refried beans for supper. After I warmed the beans up I put some chesse in them and even blended up some fresh salsa and mixed them all together. Ya'll, it was DELICIOUS!!! It was so nice to have some spicy food again!! I want to be honest with you all and let you know I have progressed since the surgery. To be COMPLETELY honest, this has been a piece of cake. I have had no pain, I have tolerated all the new foods that I have tried, I haven't dumped, I haven't been nausious, and I haven't been hungy. I know that God has TRULY blessed me to come through this operation as flawlessly as I have. I think I stand as a testiment to how well a young person in my situation responds to this surgery. I will now be able to live a LONG and happy life because of this procedure. Also, I am already down one pant size. I was wearing 50/48 and now my 48 jeans were almost too baggy for me to wear on Friday. I think in the next week or so I will be moving down to 46. I am ready for my post-op vist to Dr. Duncan's office on Wednesday. I hope he will give me the okay to begin working out a little. It's only been 12 days since the surgery, but I can tell that I am beginning to lose muscle mass. My mom was kind enough to snap a few pics of me at the hospital and when I was leaving, so I will get those developed and scanned and sent in ASAP. Anywho, ya'll keep in touch and I will try my best to keep in touch with you all and give any of you support who need it. Joe
lisasolis
on 5/9/04 7:21 am - Rincon, GA
It is great to hear you are doing so well from your surgery! Everyone was beginning to worry. My son Andrew and I are scheduled for surgery this Thursday with Dr. Williams (Champion's Office) and I hope that Andrew does as well as you are doing. I work in Waycross every month at the Wal-Mart and I noticed that you said you were moving there. Best wishes on a speedy recovery and weightloss as well as on your election. Waycross is a great town!
Joe C.
on 5/9/04 7:30 am - Manor, GA
Thanks for the note Lisa. I hope you and Andrew go through this operation as flawlessly as I did. If he is anything like me, he will do absolutely fine. Be sure and get both of your pre-op and post op pics posted as soon as you can!!! Keep in touch and let me know how everything progresses!! Joe
James_L.
on 5/9/04 10:57 am - Warner Robins, GA
First off, let me extend congratrulations, Commissioner Cornelius! Also, glad that you're doing so great after surgery. Tonya and I were talking yesterday about your absence lately, and were hoping that things were okay with you. I must say, you've developed quite a fan club on the GA board as of late, must be nice. LOL!! Seriously though, I hope that you continue to have no complications, whatsoever. I think that in your case, youth is a definite advantage, as far as healing. I only hope that 15 more years of age doesn't make that big a difference when I reach surgery time. Take care and continue to keep posting for your adoring fans. James Lamb
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/04 12:21 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Joe, It's so good to see you post!! I am glad and relieved to hear that you are doing so well!! Can't wait to see some photos! You go boy!! Tonya
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/04 12:21 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Joe, It's so good to see you post!! I am glad and relieved to hear that you are doing so well!! Can't wait to see some photos! You go boy!! Tonya
Sunny D.
on 5/9/04 1:09 pm - South, GA
Joe-You had us scared sweetie. Glad to hear you are ok. Keep us posted-can't wait for the new pictures!! Don't overdo it!
Amy Williams
on 5/9/04 8:26 pm
Joe! So glad to hear that you are doing so well! That's great. I truly hope that I am as lucky as you are about this. We can't wait to see you melt in front of our eyes! I'm so excited to see your progress, don't keep us out of the loop! Amy
mikkozoe
on 5/10/04 12:11 am - Conyers, GA
Joe Hey there, Sounds like you are doing just as good as i was.....That is wonderful !!! I am sooo happy for you ,...I go back to Duncans for my one month and two week check up on the 23 and i am trying to wait until then to weight myself but i have gone down about three sizes so i knwo i have lost something =) Congrats Mister District 4 Commissioner-Elect ...That is wonderful !!!!! Laura
ShonF.
on 5/11/04 9:50 am - Peachy State, GA
Hay Joe, glad to see that you are doing just great. Keep up the good work and good luck with your new weight loss journey and new life. I hope to be joining you soon on the losing side. Shondra
Most Active