Afraid I will quit losing at 6 months post op...

PVail
on 5/6/04 6:43 am - Warner Robins, GA
and I need to lose another 80 to 90 pounds! I'm so afraid that I won't lose anymore. I know everyone says it slows down but I can't afford for it to slow down. Also, I am dealing with a lot of stress and I have been snacking more which is not helping the progress of my weight loss. I am sooooo scared!
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/04 12:19 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Phyllis, My dear friend, please trust me, you will not stop loosing weight at 6 months. This tool is yours to use for life!! That's right, for life! Even when your pouch has stretch around 12-18 months you will still only be able to eat one cup of food at a time. That is far less than before. Right? It may not be as easy to loose as it was in the beginning but you still have the ability to utilize this tool everyday!! I know there are times you feel discouraged but girl I can see the difference in you every time I see you! You are doing great and looking great!!! i have to remind you that back in Feb you swore you'd never loose another lb. and look at you now....down 90 something lbs and several clothes sizes! If you feel like you are grazing try to keep a food diary so that you can see what you really have consumed that day. Just remeber the basics...water, protein, veggies and excercise, excercise, excercise is thekey to feeling good and looking good. Big hugs and kisses, Tonya
Kelle W
on 5/7/04 1:02 am - Atlanta, GA
Tonya, you're such a kind soul and so wise. Even though I am still pre-op and don't have that all important life experience, I have to say I feel you're right in your advice. Sometimes life just seems overwhelming. It can be easier to understand and deal with in small doses. I think the food journal is an excellent idea! Kelle
PVail
on 5/7/04 2:55 am - Warner Robins, GA
Thank you Tonya. You're a good friend. I really am trying to keep up with things but it does get overwhelming. Sometimes I think I need to go to nutritional classes again just for a booster "shot" so to speak. I have joined Curves and hopefully will continue the weight loss journey with a lot more weight loss! Thanks again.
James_L.
on 5/7/04 7:39 am - Warner Robins, GA
Tonya is right you know, you are not finished yet in your journey. Keep listening to Tonya, she's a good motivator. She stays on me and refuses to let me get lax in my journey. I remember meeting you back around Feb. at the support group and you have had great success in my opinion so far. Okay, maybe things aren't going as fast as you hoped, but these things are happening for a reason I'm sure. Keep your spirits up and I'm sure things will be fine. James PS:Tonya if you read this-don't let up on her!! LOL
(deactivated member)
on 5/7/04 12:04 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Thanks Phyllis! You are a wonderful friend to me! Thanks for the nice words James!! Your my bestest buddy! I won't let up on either of you two!LOL Tonya
PVail
on 5/7/04 10:29 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Thanks James, Tonya and Kelle. You're all great. Phyllis
Most Active