PreOp Testing Done...

NAT
on 5/6/04 4:32 am - Atlanta, GA
Okay went to preop testing this morning. I made yesturday my last day of work. I am glad I am now sitting at home watching a few movies. I arrived at the hospital today at 9:30am and left about 12:30. I spoke to alot of different people and was happy to see my PCP. My blood pressure was still high, and I take 20mg of Lisinapril for that. So they wanted me to discuss this with my PCP B4 surgery. So I was glad to see her there it saved me a trip and she checked me and gave me a prescription for Arenolol 25 mg to start taking today. This is a bete blocker and is always good to take B4 surgery under my cir****tances. Boy did that make things so much easier. Saved me a $15 co-pay!!!! Okay the nurse stuck me 3 different places and I could have knocked her out for real. Of course she couldn't tell I was pist but I was and was ready to just back hand her. I told her where she needed to go to get the blood and she just refused to do it. Grrr she had to get another lady to do it and she went where I asked, (thank you.)grrrrr Okay I am ready you guys. Next time I am there at the hospital is Monday May10th at 6am. YUCK DID SHE SAY SIX!!!! I will post the info below and Dee and Kerstin my wonderful angels will keep you posted. I can eat light meals up until Sunday 5pm. Then I have to drink Magnesium Citrate the whole bottle. I can drink clear liquids up until midnight though. Take my med Monday morning and off I go to happy land. The anesthesiologist was wonderful to talk to and said that my airway was nice and wide with a BEAUTIFUL (wink) long neck. So breathing for me will not be a problem he says. I do not carry weight much in my neck to he was thrilled about that. Hmmm that was new. Other than that wonderul Family I am ready to go. I want to apoligize also for not replying to all these great posts on here lately. I am getting ready for mom to be here tomorrow at 11am and My daughter had a trip to Six Flags and does not want to go cuz she wants to be home with me to get her granny. Can you believe a child would turn down six flags. Well there goes my $40 on a ticket. Okay will end this as I am rambling on way to much. Luv Ya'll NAT Emory University Hospital 1364 Clifton Road, N.E. Atlanta, GA 30322 (404) 712-3411 www.emoryhealthcare.org ~~SPECIAL SPECIAL SPECIAL THANKS TO MY ANGELS~~ ~~~ Dolphin DeDee Kerstin*KubbieBear~~~
Cute F.
on 5/6/04 5:28 am - Atlanta, GA
Nat!!! Hey girl, did you get my last e-mail? Are you getting nervous????? I went for my pre-op stuff yesterday and saw the anethesiologist as well...and he was FINE...If I wasn't happily married and afraid of going to hell, I would --ah, nevermind. I know I'm not your angel...but I will be checking on you!!! I'll be going 1 week after you at 6 a.m as well.... Take care Cute Face
NAT
on 5/6/04 9:34 am - Atlanta, GA
My mom will be here tomorrow so I am going to try and rest but I am sure we will be on the go all weekend. I can't wait to be 3 weeks post op!! that is all I keep saying... Thanks NAT
Kelle W
on 5/6/04 6:03 am - Atlanta, GA
That little chick did not know who she was messing with did she? You are the wrong diva to be irritating! I'm glad you finally got someone who obeys orders well! I'm so glad it's all coming together for you and that your mom will be there for you. Mine's supposed to stay with me after my surgery and I think I'm dreading that more than the operation! Just kidding (sort of) Make this week as relaxing as possible and enjoy yourself! Kelle
NAT
on 5/6/04 9:39 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey Kelle, Yeah my time is here and I am ready and rearring to go. I just can't wait. And you know what, I was soooo nice to the nurse. I just didn't have it in me to raise my voice today. She said to me, "I can tell you want to say something are you okay?" I just said, no I am fine. *What I was thinking was, yeah hooker, I do want to say something. Why don't you get your head outta your ashtray and open your eyes!!!!!! practice what you learned in nursing school, and listen to the one person who knows me best...ME!!!!!!!!! DOH!! but of course I didn't LOL NAT
ShonF.
on 5/6/04 11:42 am - Peachy State, GA
Well Nat it's your time, so just take it easy this weekend . I know this is easier said than done, but just try anyway. Just think next week you will be on the losing side. A new beginning for you. Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers and I'll be checking in with BAF family to see how you are doing. SHondra
PEGGY B.
on 5/6/04 1:12 pm - SYLVA, NC
HI NAT WAY TO GO I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU !!!I KNOW YOU WILL DO WELL I AM GOING FOR ALL MY POST OP TESTING MONDAY AT EMORY DR.RAMASHAW .I HOPE ALL GOES WELL .I WILL SAY A PRAYER FOR YO MONDAY WHILE I AM THEIR GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED.HOW LONG DID YOU WAIT AFTER YOUR POST OP TESTING TO SURGERY? TAKE CARE PEGGY
Amy Williams
on 5/6/04 4:40 pm
Nat, Your time is almost here. I will be saying a prayer for you. Amy
Siddy I.
on 5/7/04 12:20 am - Savage, MN
Sending you good wishes and the best of luck to you on the start of your new life. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Sidney
Most Active