anyone with unitedhealthcare choice or choice plus

AIMEEA
on 5/5/04 1:48 pm - waycross, GA
hello, i am looking for anyone who can help me .......my husband ins .is unitedhealthchoice hmo that we can change to at his job but now we have ppo that will do nothing when i call they tell me that there is no cov.for this surg .. anyone have any way around this ....my bloodsugar are high ,high b/p ,? sleep apnea as well as bad feet and knees and i am only 30 yrs old and dont want to give up .................thanks aimee
sambus24
on 5/5/04 11:35 pm - Thomson, ga
I have them until July becouse they have exclusins. i WORK FOR A sCHOOL system in Ga. So you might need to check with them. Good luck. Sarah
Marcy D.
on 5/6/04 3:13 am - Alpharetta, GA
I have Unitedhealthcare Choice Plus and when I called they said that the surgery is covered as long as you meet the criteria for being "morbidly obese".
lisasolis
on 5/6/04 8:59 am - Rincon, GA
I just went thru hell with United Healthcare PPO. You have to look at the exclusions and read the language. Have them send you a handbook of coverages. Make sure the exclusions state properly whether there is coverage if medically necessary or if for morbidly obese etc. Finally, you can try to appeal by gathering all the medical necessity notes you can get up and try to appeal.
Amy Williams
on 5/6/04 4:36 pm
Aimee, Is this coverage thru a state job? It's very possible that they have a written exclusion, if they say that they do then you should call them and request what's called a certificate booklet. This will outline all the exclusions for you if you can't get a direct answer.
AIMEEA
on 5/9/04 2:33 pm - waycross, GA
thank you all for the help ...........im am looking into to all of it will let you know as soon as i hear ... thanks ....
Most Active