Starting to wonder!

Carrie R.
on 5/5/04 6:16 am - Gainesville, GA
Hey everybody, Well I'm starting to wonder what might be going on with my paper work. I'll called the doctor's office today to see if they had received my psych eval papers and of course the lady that handles all those questions only takes phone calls on Thur. and Fri., So I left a message saying I was just wondering if they had received them, Guess we'll see if they'll call me tommorrow of Fri.! But my psych eval was almost two weeks ago, and I got to thinking about what the doctor there had said to me, He told me that there was a program where people have lost over 100lbs. without having the surgery. Do ya'll think that maybe he will not approve me for surgery???? Has this ever happened to any of ya'll or have you heard of this happening before??? I thought that Dr. Richards office would have already receive the clearance letter. Let me know what ya'll think, since I can't get a real person to talk to me until tomorrow!!!! Carrie
mako1120
on 5/5/04 6:29 am - Oakwood, GA
I wonder what kind of program it is where people are losing 100+ pounds without surgery? Wow! I am not sure who you are using for your psych evals, but it is common for it to take 2 weeks for the clearance from the psychotherapist to the surgeon. I know you are anxious, but it will all happen for you. Keep your chin up!!
lstivers
on 5/5/04 9:26 am - Bogart, GA
Carrie, I can feel your pain. I had the exact same problem, except my psych eval was in January - the first component I had done!! I did not have a psych hold on my file, so there was no reason for my letter to not have been dictated back then. The rest of my package was ready to go three weeks ago, but I have been running around trying to chase down the psychologist to get my letter. He was out of town just when I needed him. The bottom line is that my letter was faxed over today, but I could have been under insurance review three weeks ago and possibly have a date by now. Considering my phych eval was in January, I was more than annoyed!! As far as that program you mentioned goes...the psychologist that did my eval mentioned an antidepressant that one of his patients was put on by Dr. Tascaralla (the pyschiatrist in their group). The medication has a weight loss side effect, that together with therapy, helped his patient loose over 100 pounds without surgery. If you had Hulon for your psych eval, I wonder if that is what he was talking about? Hope tomorrow brings you better news. -Paige
Carrie R.
on 5/5/04 10:50 am - Gainesville, GA
Paige, It was Wayne Hulon, and he said something that that program would be great for me, but never said anything about whether he would or wouldn't clear me for surgery. I don't know, guess I'll just have to patient!!!! Thanks Paige! Carrie
Ms.Judy
on 5/5/04 10:07 pm - HOSCHTON, GA
CARRIE, I HAD WAYNE HULON AND HE SENT ME TO DR. TASCARALLA AND IT TOOK HIM OVER 2 WEEKS TO SEND IN MY EVALUATION AFTER HE TOLD ME HE HAD THE LETTER READY. I FINNALY CALLED THE OFFICE AND TALKED TO THE LADY AT THE FRONT DESK, I TOLD HER I KNEW IT WASN'T HER FAULT, BUT THAT I WAS GOING TO DIE WAITING ON HIM !!! HE FAXED IT THE NEXT DAY !! MY PACKET WAS SENT ON DEC. 18 AND IT WAS MARCH 10 BEFORE I WAS APPROVED . THE INSURANCE KEPT SAYING THEY DIDN'T HAVE MY STUFF , BUT I KNEW BETTER , SO I CALLED THEM EVERYDAY AND I TOLD THEM I WAS GOING TO DIE BEFORE THEY APPROVED IT. WELL , I DIDN'T DIE !!! HAD MY SURGERY ON MARCH 31 st. 2004 AND I'M DOING GREAT. JUST KEEP CALLING EVERYBODY , EVERYDAY AND THEY WILL GET TIRED OF YOU AND DO THE SURGERY !!! GOD BLESS YOU !! JUDY
Most Active