Albert Losken, Marisa Lawrence ... OR?

Jenny B.
on 5/4/04 12:47 am - Atlanta, GA
I could really use your help! I am planning a bodylift (front & back Belt Lipectomy), an inner thigh-lift and a modified arm lift (afraid of the full length scar so I'm going for the "chicken" version). I have been for a consultation with Albert Losken and Marisa Lawrence. I am very impressed with both of these surgeons and am trying to pick the one to go with. How do you choose?? If you have experience with either of these surgeons that you'd be willing to share your thoughts, it will be very helpful to me ... is there somebody else I should talk to? If you have experience with any of these surgeries and could share what you went through along with how you feel about the results, I'll be grateful for this information as well. This is a lot to go through and I want to make the best possible decision. Please feel free to send me email or post on this site. Many, many thanks for any help you can send. Jenny
Sunny D.
on 5/4/04 1:13 am - South, GA
I've read a lot about certain plastic surgeons only wanting to work on cash patients. If you are trying to get insurance to pay, you need to check the offices' policy about insurance filing and payments required. Seems like a lot of people are choosing surgeons only to find out later that they don't want to work with insurance. I'm about 4 hours from Atlanta and was considering using Dr. Lawrence just because I know she has done a lot of weight loss cases. Sav is my closet town and I'm not sure about the Drs. I hate to pull off my clothes and have the Dr pass out or something--OMG, I would just die!
Sunny D.
on 5/4/04 9:03 am - South, GA
Do you have to pay out of pocket for each consultation or do Drs look at you naked for free? What does the typical office visit cost? Have you checked the plastic surgery site on this web site? Lawrence has a lot of good reviews.
Jenny B.
on 5/4/04 9:20 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks. Yes, you have to pay out of pocket for each consultation. My insurance (Aetna) has covered that with the regular copay ($15) so it's not been too bad. Once I've picked the surgeon (before scheduling surgery) I plan to have another consultation where I'll have some very detailed questions (am making a list) before moving forward. I understand this visit will be 100.00 and will apply to the actual surgery. I really don't expect that the insurance company will cover any of this. I don't have any health associated problem or major issues. It's cosmetic .... I'm just unahppy with my "sharpe" thighs & abs. I've checked this site and have written each person who has done a review on these doctors. I've gotten some good input .... and wondered if there was anybody else who's had experience with these, or perhaps another surgeon. I hope to get some input on direction! Thanks again for your reply. Jenny
Sunny D.
on 5/4/04 11:29 am - South, GA
Thanks for the info. Keep me posted. I'll probably need tummy, boob lift and arms. I still have 50# to lose
Most Active