Emory's packet of "Correct Letters"

Angela A.
on 5/3/04 5:43 am - Palmetto, GA
Could someone help me...tomorrow I have an appt. with my PCP so we can go over everything that will be needed to get me approved for my surgery. A friend of mine had recieved a packet from Emory of "correct letters" or information that particular Insurance Company's were looking for regarding what to put into those referral letters. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and/or have anything that would help me I would greatly appreciate it. This is new for my PCP and he isn't sure what he needs to do. Thanks so much, AJ PS...my insurance is BC/BS of GA (HMO)
littlebit
on 5/3/04 6:05 am - Locust Grove, GA
I have the same insurance. My PCP only had to give a release for surgery. The SURGEON will be the one sending the necessary papers in. As was in MY case.
littlebit
on 5/3/04 6:06 am - Locust Grove, GA
Who is your surgeon?
Angela A.
on 5/3/04 6:14 am - Palmetto, GA
My surgeon is Dr. Duncan. I know that they have requested that your PCP write a detailed diet history along with the Medical Clearance. I also understand that the referral letter from your PCP is VERY important. How and what he says in that letter can make a big difference. Since I am borderline (40 BMI) and have not been at this weight for the required 3 years, my acceptance could very well depend upon my Dr.'s referral letter. I'm just trying to get him all the help I can. AJ
littlebit
on 5/3/04 6:20 am - Locust Grove, GA
Thats a great idea. Good Luck.
Preview P.
on 5/3/04 12:25 pm - atlanta, GA
Yeah I know I am at Emory and I got approval first go round... Was great check out my profile there is a list numbered of what I needed. Also BMI over 40 for like 4 years if you didn't have any co-morbidities, I don't believe in playing with insurance companies.... NAT
NAT
on 5/3/04 12:34 pm - Atlanta, GA
Yeah I know I am at Emory and I got approval first go round... Was great check out my profile there is a list numbered of what I needed. Also BMI over 40 for like 4 years if you didn't have any co-morbidities, I don't believe in playing with insurance companies.... NAT
Most Active