Dr. Burrowes Support group meeting......

DeeDee_Cole
on 5/2/04 1:14 am
Went to the first of the two required support group meetings yesterday. Found it to be quite informative - lots of beneficial information. I found out that Dr. Burrowes is one of the top rated surgerons in the country - so THAT in and of itself made me feel better. I also found out that the support group provides "angels" so that you can have someone be in touch with you for the first 30 days after surgery. That makes me feel better because then I can talk to the "voice of expirence" I feel much better about doing this.....I didn't realize how nuch help a support group really does help! WOW I'ts getting close - 22 days!
Travis T.
on 5/2/04 3:46 am - Hogansville,, GA
I agree i was there also , actually i sat right behind you Diane ,My wife and I was going to say hello to you and good luck, We talked to Kerry just a minute and looked around and you had already left ,, Anyhow good luck , and are you having the Fobi Pouch , I am pretty sure that i am going to , My packet was just sent to my insurace on friday so i am waiting for ins. approval . Good luck , Travis
DeeDee_Cole
on 5/2/04 6:19 am
I'm sorry we didn't get to speak, I did get to speak to a few people - but had an appointment that I was already running late for so I kinda had to split quickly! I will be attending more of the support groups...not just because we "have" to - but because I want to! I'm am not able to afford the Fobi Pouch - though I wish I could, but since I am supporting myself..I have to do what I can afford. PLEASE keep us posted with your progress as well!!! I'll pray for you! God Bless!
MIke R.
on 5/2/04 8:27 am - Ball Ground, GA
Hi Guys- I was there too! I am the guy that "can't bend over to pick up my new 4 month old son" in our introduction. I felt like the support group is a wonderful avenue of information and support. I will definitely be requesting my angel! Hope to see you all at the next meeting ..... if I have not had my surgery by then! Best of luck to you both! Mike
KELLY B.
on 5/2/04 8:45 am - LOCUST GROVE, GA
Hey guys, I was there too. It was nice too meet everyone that i did get to meet. I am the lady that said that i just want to live. This was my first meeting and I too found it very informative. Also to the man that is trying to get BCBS to pay for the fobi pouch...please keep me informed cause I have BCBS too through the county I work for.
Margie C.
on 5/2/04 10:32 am - Marietta, GA
Hi. I am interviewing surgeons and heard Dr. Burrowes does not do the surgery Lapriscopically. (sorry if I spelled that wrong) I also spoke to one of his patients at a support group I went to that said there really was no follow up care. What have ya'll heard.
DeeDee_Cole
on 5/2/04 10:44 am
In my meeting with Dr. Burrowes, he told me he does not generally do the surgery Laproscopically. He uses a small open incision that is about 3" long. It's a personal prefrence for me that I'd rather my doctor be able to see first hand what's happening rather than trusting a camera that may not be able to catch all the problems. I'm not sure what you're talking about "no follow up care". I know several people who have used him and his care has come highly rated.
pilotswife
on 5/3/04 6:58 pm - Mcdonough, GA
Hey Girl, Kerry here!! I sat right behind you at the meeting. Logged on to see what your last name is. I went up to the 8th floor (where all WLS patients are) just to have a look around. They post our last names on the doors with our Doctor's name. Since you and I will be there the same time, I plan on looking you up. I don't know about you, but I started my workout routine. The more I can do now to firm up my skin, hopefully, the less I will sag later. Plus, if we can build up our muscles a little, I've heard that helps us get up and down easier after the surgery. Do you or anyone reading this, remember if we are supposed to do those exercises everyday? Every other day? Are you going to have anyone stay with you in the hospital? I sort of want my husband there, but on the other hand, I want him rested for when I come home. I'm torn. I know from staying with my Mom in the hospital, it's nice when someone else can be your 'voice' when you don't feel the nurses are responding as quickly as they should. I'm not saying the nurses at AMC aren't good, I'm just saying it's nice to have someone there who is only looking out for you. Any thoughts? See ya soon. Kerry Robertson
DeeDee_Cole
on 5/4/04 7:23 am
I think the exercise is supposed to be 3 - 4 days a week.... I already exercise every day...(I coach little league and walk daily) I cant wait to see ya there!!!!!
dotyel
on 5/4/04 7:17 am - Newark, NJ
Are these support group meetings for post-ops also or just pre-ops? I'm new to Georgia but have just been referred by my PCP and left message today hoping to get an appointment with Dr. Burrowes. I had Open-RNY 9/3/03 - over 100 pounds lost. I never had my 6-month follow up w/surgeon in Kentucky because I moved to Atlanta in February. Anyway, I really need to get in a support group here.
Most Active