APPEAL W/ BCBS GA HMO

kiwani
on 4/29/04 9:45 pm - columbus, ga
Hi ya'll any one have any idea how long the appeal takes? they only have to look at my letter and my phych eval... will it take as long as the original denial? that took about 2 weeks... any opinions are great as long as you say FAST kiwani
Kelle W
on 4/30/04 3:08 am - Atlanta, GA
Kiwi, can I ask what all you've given them now? What did you give them the first time when you were denied and what did you give them this time? I can't believe we only get 1 appeal with BCBS that seems a little unreasonable. I'm still in shock that I was denied. I wish you the best of luck! Please let us know as soon as you hear something! Kelle
kiwani
on 4/30/04 8:39 am - columbus, ga
hey kelle, i had to give them another phych eval, i didtn get any thing they needed in the first one, no clearance no nothing lol bcbs paid for that one, so i had to get another one, one that dr. duncan recomends. i also sent an appeal letter stating why they should look at the second one, because from what i hear they only except one eval.... joyce told me that if they submitt your stuff for appeal then you get one but if you do it yourself you get 3 appeals... i hope this helps, and by the way i NEVER expected to be denied either, i cried buckets for days i am now looking at it as they could do it again so MAYBE it wont be so hard.. \ kiwani
Amy Williams
on 4/30/04 8:15 pm
Hi Kiwi, I'm not sure when it was faxed, but once I sent in the additional info that BCBS HMO was asking for I got approval in 2 days. Call them everyday. They can tell you if you've been approved. Don't wait 2 weeks. They usually have an answer or what the problem is in the system in 2 days. If I had not stayed on top of mine I'd probably still be waiting on the letter to my surgeon's office about the additional info, but I called everyday and found out what was missing. Trust me when I say you are the ONLY one that can do it right and know it's been done right.
Most Active