@@@@@@ ANDREW WAS APROVED @@@@@@!!!!!

lisasolis
on 4/28/04 10:48 pm - Rincon, GA
I just received a phone call at 8am this morning from UHC agent. Andrew was approved!! I do not know how this happened, I spoke with the Obesity Advocate Lawyer yesterday and he told me not to waste my time it would be an impossible situation to win. Dr. Champions office told me not to bother to appeal because of the exclusion he would never get approved. All of a sudden I get this phone call! I would like to thank all the folks on the message boards who have given me valuable advice and made this situation a little better for me. I am calling Dr. Williams office this morning and am sure Andrew can probably get his surgery the same time I do. I was so distrought over the original decision knowing full well that Andrew would probably have a battle to keep his weight down and it upset me very much. I told United Health care in my appeal that I have always been able to provide for my son since his dad died 7 years ago. Whatever he needed I was able to get him within reason - but when they denied the surgery made it impossible for me to provide for him as I always have done. Maybe they felt sorry for me - or maybe it was the tenacity at which I pestered them.
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/04 10:54 pm - Warner Robins, GA
Wow!! That is wonderful! I can tell how happy you are! You sound like a great Mother. How old is your son? Tonya
lisasolis
on 4/28/04 11:14 pm - Rincon, GA
He is 21 years old. I did not get it in writing but received the call from the UHC agent this morning and they have contacted Dr. Williams office as well as the hospital. He will be able to get the surgery on the same day I do which is May 13th.
NAT
on 4/28/04 11:00 pm - Atlanta, GA
Okay did you get this in writting. Did they fax it to you. Or was this just a call. In this business plz don't take word of mouth okay. Plz don't. but like you said if they changed the exclusion after that fact then they knew they were wrong... NAT
Kay Holder
on 4/29/04 3:09 am - Mableton, GA
Please make them fax something to you!! I've heard stories of people on the main board getting prank calls saying they've been aprooved. PLEASE CALL THEM!
Sunny D.
on 4/29/04 5:20 am - South, GA
Great!!! I know things will work out!!
Joe C.
on 4/29/04 9:13 am - Manor, GA
I am so glad to hear that Lisa. I hope that both of your surgeries go well. Please fell free to use me as a resource, should you need any help along the way! Joe
sxynecie
on 4/29/04 10:40 am - Jonesboro, GA
Tell them to FAX you a copy of his approval letter ASAP!!! Yeah Andrew, and you too Mom Mrs. Jackson
Most Active