NEED INSURANCE ADVICE

KELLY B.
on 4/28/04 9:25 am - LOCUST GROVE, GA
I HAVE ONLY HAD BCBS SINCE 4-1-04. NOW GYNO WANTS TO DO A HYSTERECTOMY ON MAY 10TH. IF I HAVE DONE THAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK THAT WILL INTERFERE WITH THE COMPANY APPROVING A GASTRIC BYPASS SO SOON. I MEAN, 2 SURGERIES IN 2 MONTHS AND ONLY HAVE THE INSURANCE FOR 4 MONTHS TOTAL BY THE TIME I HAVE 2ND SURGERY. ADVICE GREATLY NEEDED AND APPRECIATED. HYSTERECTOMY IS NOT AN EMERGENCY
PEGGY B.
on 4/28/04 9:38 am - SYLVA, NC
i had a open hysterectomy in noverember o3 and it was kinda hard for about a month their is probably no way your doctor will do the wls surgery so close together it is just to hard on your body alot of people lose weight after the hsterectomy i did some but gained it back because i over done it and had to go on bed rest i was wide open!!!!!!!! i will be having my wls surgery in june this will be my 2nd one the first one was 10 yrs ago it was also a open surgery it was very hard and i was even younger then and less heavy!!!!!!!!wait if you can for the wls surgery you never know the hysterctomy may be the boost you need for weight loss, what knid of insurance do you have and i would just talk to my doctor both of them and see which one should be first and how long you should wait for the other surgery both are very major surgeries and alot of trauma to your body good luck peggy
Kay Holder
on 4/28/04 10:35 am - Mableton, GA
Have it done at the same time. TheDr can perform your WLS and then your GYN can come in and do the hysto. I 've seen it happen many times on the main message board.
Most Active