Question for Kay C - H

lisasolis
on 4/28/04 7:41 am - Rincon, GA
Hi - I noticed in your profile that you got insurance with BCBS really easy. I am sure some other people on this site would like to know the same question I am asking. I tried to get private insurance for my son with BCBS and the first thing they ask is his weight? How did you get around it? Also - I was afraid to ask them if they covered bariatric surgery because I thought that would run them off. I have the application for Blue Cross for him. Do you have any advise or instructions? Is your insurance private or through your job? Any info you can post on this would be appreciated THANKS THANKS
Kay Holder
on 4/28/04 8:50 am - Mableton, GA
Hi. My uncle owned a company that produced and distributed methadone. He got the paperwork for us. His used BCBS for his company, and I filled the paperwork out, but I am not on his work plan. Its individual. I don't know if he pulled strings to get me in, but I didnt have to see a doctro. At the time, my weight was 280. I pay 235 a month for PPO. They never gave me grief or asked any questions. They told me WLS exclusions are only done because companies specifically exclude them to save on premiums... a personal plan wouldnt have that exclusion. Call back and give a different name. Ask them if you sign up, and it were medically ness... would they cover it. This way they can't flag your file. I have BCBS of SC through my job, and they exclude it. I had BCBS of GA because I was out of work for awhile, and was having knee problems. I cancelled it in Jan of this year, and then when i found out I was excluded, I reinstated it.. with no problem. It paid off yesterday with the approval. I hope this helped some.
lisasolis
on 4/28/04 10:02 am - Rincon, GA
Thank you so much for the advice. I tried one final appeal with UHC and then I will try to put him on BCBS PPO Individual plan. Do you have a surgery date with Dr. Champion yet?
Most Active