Anxious New Member

lstivers
on 4/28/04 12:12 am - Bogart, GA
I am a new member to this site. I hope someone else has BCBS BlueChoice HMO through the University of Georgia. I have not been able to determine who may have been approved with with my insurer through the "Insurers" link at this website. I know that UGA's BCBS PPO Plan has an exclusion so, we switched to the HMO in January. The HMO stated to me that they do cover when medically necessary. Does anyone out there have the University's BCBS HMO and been approved? The claims reviewers for the University's HMO are supposedly tougher. My package is supposed to go to insurance this week, so I am getting a bit nervous. You guys all do such a great job of comforting each other. I have really enjoyed watching and learning. Thanks so much - Paige
Siddy I.
on 4/28/04 1:42 am - Savage, MN
Hi Paige First off WELCOME!! Second, I dont have your insurance so I cant be much help to ya there but I would think your surgeons office should be able to find out and help ya out. Just a thought.... Good luck to you. Sidney
NAT
on 4/28/04 3:40 am - Atlanta, GA
Welcome paige, (this is my new baby neices name LOVE it!!) Okay if it's medically neccessary and you have been over 40 bmi for the last 5 yrs you should be good to go. There is a list on my web page and it showes what I had to have for bcbs bluechoice hmo I have surgery May 10th. GOOD LUCK!!! NAT
dakins
on 4/29/04 10:35 pm - Statesboro, GA
Hello Paige, I have bcbs ppo university of georgia state merit. I was told if you have state merit that this is not covered at all. I researched for a year to see if they have ever paid and was told no. If you have state merit and can get approved please let me know. Debbie
Amy Williams
on 4/30/04 8:22 pm
Paige Yes they will approve this surgery get all your ducks in a row. If anything is missing they will let you know. If it's through state merit than are you considered a state employee? That's who my HMO was thru. Once they submit paperwork to insurance get on the phone in two days and call them everyday. If there is a problem with the paperwork they will tell you and then you can rely it to your surgeon's office. Other wise you will be waiting for the denial letter or additional info request for a couple of weeks. This way you can be on top of things. Email me if you need any help.
Most Active