Patients of Dr. Duncan Please Help!!!!

Debbie C.
on 4/27/04 4:57 am - Carrollton, GA
Hey I read a post (I've tried finding it and can't) that dealt with an issue of the stoma (sp?) being too large or something like that, they felt like their pouch wasn't working or could eat way too much. (This was for RNY not LapBand.) Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyway Dr. Duncan could fix the problem per one of his patients. I have a friend that may have this issue. I was trying to find out for her. ( I'm still a pre-op.) Thanks for anyone that can help me find the info. Debbie
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/04 5:06 am - Warner Robins, GA
Hey Debbie, I have posted that information several times. Dr. Duncan came down to speak at our support group back in Feb. One of the members there had stopped loosing weight and was only like 6mths out...she actually started gaining weight back. She was very upset and both her and her husband were adamant about the fact that she wasn't over eating or sabatoging herself. Dr. Duncan said she sounded like she had an enlarged stoma that was creating the food to pass through the pouch too soon leaving her hungry all time. This can cause a patient to eat too freq. causing the weight loss to stop or even weight gain. He said that he and several other Drs were now performing a procedure where they go in and inject a solution around the diameter of the stoma to enlarge it. That in turn returns the feeling of saiety to the patient and allows that food to stay in the pouch longer. Tell her to contact Joyce or Dr. Duncan to inquiry about the procedure. All is not lost for your friend. The good thing is that it can be corrected Good Luck, Tonya
Debbie C.
on 4/27/04 5:46 am - Carrollton, GA
Thanks Tonya!!! I'm trying to be sure I understand your post - it enlarges the stoma? Do you know if the procedure is quick, painless, insurance covered, etc? Thanks again you're an Debbie
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/04 6:26 am - Warner Robins, GA
What happens is they inject the fluid to decrease the inside of the opening so that the food will stay in longer. I'm sur eif she called the Dr could explain it waaaaayyyy better than I could. Tonya
Most Active